Options

This Friday @ 1:00 640-802

djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well guys wish me luck. I set the exam for Friday (640-802) and I am a little nervous. I have spent the last 2 years in the Cisco academy preparing for the test. I wanted to go take the test at the end of July, but I want to use the promotion code before time runs out. Hopefully I will not need to use the promotion code. I want to get this one out of the way on the first attempt if possible. The only thing I need to get faster at is binary conversion, but I feel that I can pass with the knowledge that I have gained over the past two years in the lab. I have been taking practice tests and I am getting about 85%. I will keep you guys posted.
Jedi never stop training......

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Dubuku57Dubuku57 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SatcomSatcom Member Posts: 110
    2 years? you should pass with flying colors!!!

i am taking CCENT around 2 EST so we will both be taking .. well ill be taking half of the CCNA at the same time if your on EST.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Since I completed all of the Cisco Academy classes for the CCNA and passed the final in the last class I was given a voucher for 70% off the price of the 640-802. I guess taking one Cisco class a semester has its benefits. Unfortunately I am taking college algebra this summer, so I have not been able to give the CCNA my full attention, but I want to see what the test is like and I want to use the promotion code before time runs out in case I fail my first attempt. Thanks for the support and the advice.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck... I am planning mine in Sept.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    blucasblucas Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You will make it.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
  • Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great!
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck brother!

I just scheduled my exam for friday as well!
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    so we got 3 people in here taking the exam friday... this should be epic im optimistic.. probably cuz im wired off this monster BFC right now.
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone else going for this cert this weekend.
  • Options
    Give us the good news DJ!
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Waiting on the pass here.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    I needed 825 to pass. Going back next Friday. I know I can pass. I am proud of this score ( 818 ) even though I failed because I am so damn close. I guess this was really a practice test.
  • Options
    That seriously has to be 1 q away from passing icon_sad.gif
    What did you feel was the biggest problem? Any specific area, time etc.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    djmaya wrote: »
    this was really a practice test.
    Yep -- use the COMEBACK2009 promotion code and call this one your realistic practice test :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Time was the biggest factor for me. I need to keep a closer eye on the clock. Thursday is the first day I can test again, so I will probably go on that day. I plan to attack the practice tests and use packet tracer to stay sharp as well as review some things like NAT and IPv6.
  • Options
    I needed 825 to pass. Going back next Friday. I know I can pass. I am proud of this score ( 818 ) even though I failed because I am so damn close. I guess this was really a practice test.
    man you did way better than me you know your stuff... you will definitely pass the next one!
  • Options
    Do I have to wait until next Thursday to reschedule or will I be able to reschedule after midnight tonight?
  • Options
    Satcom,

Thanks brother, most of my time was spent in the lab over the last 2 years hands on with the real stuff. I am proud of this score in my mind I passed. I will get it on the next attempt now that I now what to expect.
  • Options
    Time was the biggest factor for me. .

I figured as much. I got an extra 30 min because I'm not a native English speaker and I used 10-15 minutes of it. My timing was really out of whack because I got a lot of sims/scenarios early on. I freaked out and if I had had 30 minutes less, I would have freaked out even more.

I'm really not sure this tight time constraint in combination with not being able to go back is productive. After I had a lot of sims in the beginning of the exam, I rushed through the "single choice - multiple choice" questions to make up time, and then used more time/q towards the end of the exam just because I had time to spare lol.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT