Options

**My CCIE R&S Video Lab Tutorial Thread**

13»

Comments

• Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Quality of Service (QoS) Lab 1

In this video I show you how to:

* Configure/Explain the QoS concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    * Explain in detail how to setup and use the Modular Quality of Service Command Line Interface (MQC) configuration set
    * Show how to use Class-maps, Policy-maps and apply the policy map inbound/outbound on an interface.

YouTube - bowlersp's Channel
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

I'll deff check out QOS
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    IPv6 Lab 3

In this video I configure the following:

*Configure/Explain IPv6 concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    *Setting up Frame Relay Static maps using IPv6
    *IPv6 over Frame Relay

YouTube - ‪bowlersp's Channel‬‎
  • Options
    accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    excellent man... keep it up I'll start going through these soon after I pass my written in 12 days :)
    Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
    Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

• Options
    Frame Relay Lab 4

*Configure/Explain Frame Relay concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    *Frame Relay End to End Keepalives (EEK)
    *Explain why you would use Frame Relay End to End Keepalives and show you the different ways to set it up across your Frame Relay network on two different routers.

YouTube - ‪bowlersp's Channel‬‎
  • Options
    CCIE2BCCIE2B Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks! i just got done creating a video on how to configure:

Frame relay point-to-point connections in GNS3
    BGP Route Aggregation
    BGP Route Dampening
    BGP suppress and unsuppress maps

I will upload them to youtube this morning.

Wow pretty cool and thnaks for the videos. I was looking through Youtube and came upo on your videos.
  • Options
    CCIE2B wrote: »
    Wow pretty cool and thnaks for the videos. I was looking through Youtube and came upo on your videos.

thanks man. I have been getting nothing be great feedback on my videos and have been selling quite a few of them to people all over the world. it has been quite an awesome experience.
  • Options
    BGP Lab 6

*Configure/Explain BGP concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    *BGP MD5 Authentication
    *BGP TTL Security
    *EBGP Multihop

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great videos... Thanks. Are you still set to take your lab next week? If so, good luck!!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Great videos... Thanks. Are you still set to take your lab next week? If so, good luck!!!

-Peanut

Thanks, lab is scheduled for Sept 27th. just got done with INE Vol 3 speed labs. Going to finish up Vol 2 labs and concentrate on redistribution, multicast and QoS. Can't wait to sit down and find out what this is all about.
  • Options
    CCIE2BCCIE2B Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks man. I have been getting nothing be great feedback on my videos and have been selling quite a few of them to people all over the world. it has been quite an awesome experience.

So Steve you have been doing all of the INE labs from workbook 1 correct? Then you moved onto Workbook2.
  • Options
    actually, i have done ZERO INE Volume 1 labs. I completed all Narbiks labs though for his advanced CCIE R&S workbook and Gap between CCNP and CCIE. I have completed INE Vol 3 all labs and am finishing up on Vol 2 labs this week. Been a lot on my mind this past week. I am in the design and development phase of Bowler CBT Labs Volume 3 as well. I am also creating a lab workbook for my customers. Should be incredible material in both products!

So, as you can tell there is a lot on my mind especially with the CCIE lab in a few weeks.
  • Options
    OSPF Lab 3

* Configure/Explain OSPF concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    * OSPF over Frame Relay using the network types of Non-Broadcast and Broadcast.
    * Explain the different characteristics of Non-Broadcast and Broadcast network types in OSPF and how to configure and verify them.
    * How to optimize your OSPF over Frame Relay using Broadcast and Non-Broadcast network types

• Options
    RIPv2 Lab 2

*Configure/Explain RIPv2 concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    *Setup RIPv2 Offset Lists and explain how they are used to manipulate RIPv2 metrics and their filtering capabilities
    *Setup RIPv2 Summarization

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Just got your videos. I'm on the road a lot these will be good for just watching somebody do it instead of talking about it all day.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Sweet, what's your ebay id? didn't even know it was you. Hope you enjoy the videos as they have played a key role in my Cisco studies for the last 4 years. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Switching Lab 5

*802.1Q Tunneling
    *Configure/Explain how to setup an 802.1q Tunnel and show the characteristics of a L2VPN.
    * Show how you can use an 802.1q Tunnel to create a Layer 2 VPN to tunnel CDP information between to Switches that are not directly connected.

• Options
    PPP Lab 2

*Configure/Explain PPP Multilink on 2 routers across multiple Serial point-to-point connections.
    *Explain the concept of bundling multiple interfaces together to form one logical interface.

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    PPP Lab 2

*Configure/Explain PPP Multilink on 2 routers across multiple Serial point-to-point connections.
    *Explain the concept of bundling multiple interfaces together to form one logical interface.

Looks like you have some fantastic content there, I will be sure to check it out!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Lab 7

*BGP Outbound Route Filtering (ORF) between 2 routers

Frame Relay Lab 5
    In this lab I configure the following:

*Point to Point Protocol (PPP) Multilink over Frame Relay
    *Explain and show how to setup Virtual Template interfaces and how they are used with PPP over Frame Relay.

Quality of Service (QoS) Lab 2

* IP Network Based Application Recognition (NBAR)
    * Explain in detail how to implement NBAR and how it can be used proactively to discover Applications and Protocols that are running on or through a specific interface
    * Explain Packet Description Language Module (PDLM) and how it can be used in NBAR
    * Explain in detail the “Match Protocol” Class map statement and how it is related to NBAR

Multicast Lab 3

* Configure/Explain Multicast concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    * Auto RP between 4 routers
    * Explain the concept of a mapping agent within AutoRP.
    * Explain how to announce multicast groups on a RP into the Auto RP domain and how the Mapping Agent will discover, advertise and Map to the groups to the specific RP’s.

• Options
    Been a while! I have posted many new labs which include:

Quality of Service (QoS) Lab 3

* Legacy Frame Relay Traffic Shaping (FRTS)
    * Explain in detail how to setup and use Legacy FRTS on 3 different routers using the concept of a map-class to apply under the specific Data Link Connection Identifiers (DLCI’s)
    * Explore some of the main features of Legacy FRTS and explain them such as map-class, CIR, Bc, Be, Tc, BECN, Adaptive shaping, MINCIR

Switching Lab 6

*Switchport Security
    *Configure/Explain how to use Switchport Security and show the characteristics of Switchport Security
    *Explain how Switchport Security can be used to secure your switches from outside attacks.
    *Explain the 3 different modes of Switchport security and also show you advanced Switchport security features to help ease the administration of switchports.

IPv6 Lab 6

*Enhanced Interior Gateway Protocol (EIGRP) IPv6
    *Configure EIGRP IPv6 on 3 different routers in an Ethernet network and show the differences between EIGRP IPv6 and EIGRP IPv4

IPv6 Lab 7

*Border Gateway Protocol for IPv6, Mulitprotocol BGP (MBGP)
    *Configure BGP IPv6 between 2 different routers and explain how BGP IPv6 works in comparison to BGP IPv4

Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Lab 7

*BGP Outbound Route Filtering (ORF) between 2 routers

OSPF Lab 4

* Configure All OSPF Area types including, Stub Area, Totally-Stub Area, Not So Stubby Area (NSSA) and Totally NSSA.
    * Explain all the different OSPF area types and how they are used to filter Link State Advertisements on within different OSPF Areas
    * Configure Redistribution of RIPv2 routes into the OSPF domain

• Options
    Its been a while since I posted any NEW videos, so here you go. Also, all videos have been re-mastered to provide crystal clear audio and video along with .MP4 File Format for compatibility with IPad and other Tablet PC's:

Here is what a video looks like BEFORE:

YouTube - GNS3 INTRO LAB PART 1

Here is what a re-mastered video looks like AFTER:

YouTube - GNS3 Intro Lab RE-MASTERED Part 1

More Videos released on my youtube channel included below.

Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Lab 2:

* Configure/Explain MPLS concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    * Virtual Routing and Forwarding Lite (VRF-Lite)

Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) Lab 3:

* Configure/Explain EIGRP concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    * EIGRP Split Horizon

Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) Lab 5:

* Configure/Explain OSPF concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    * OSPF External Route Summarization

Routing Information Protocol (RIPv2) Lab 3:

*Configure/Explain RIPv2 concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    *RIPv2 Split Horizon

Network Address Translation (NAT) Lab 1:

In this video:
    * Configure/Explain Network Address Translation (NAT) concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    * Static NAT

To watch all my videos go to my youtube channel below:

Thanks and have a great day!
  • Options
    ***UPDATE***

BGP Troubleshooting Lab 4 is now on Youtube to view. I am in the process of releasing a New Series which will include 50 New videos, 20 All New Troubleshooting videos and 30 All New Configuration videos. I plan on releasing it early April, so if you are interested please let me know. The demand I am getting from my customers for new videos has been overwhelming, in a good way :)

Here's the link, enjoy the new troubleshooting video and have a great day!

• Options
    The Full Version of IP Services Lab 3 is now on youtube.

IP Services Lab 3:

* Configure/Explain DNS on a router and use show/debug commands for verification

Enjoy :)

• Options
    **UPDATE**

The full version of Redistribution Lab 2 has been added to youtube.

* Configure/Explain Redistribution concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    *Perform Mutual Redistribution between EIGRP and OSPF
    *Explain EIGRP Metrics
    *Explain the key concepts of route redistribution

Also, the IPv6 Lab 8 Trailers have been added to youtube.

*Configure/Explain IPv6 concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    *IPv6 Tunnel over IPv4 (IPv6IP)

• Options
    **UPDATE**

The full version of System Management Lab 2 has been added to youtube.

* Configure/Explain Telnet concepts on a router and use show/debug commands for verification

YouTube - ‪bowlersp's Channel‬‏

Thanks again for viewing!
  • Options
    **UPDATE**

I have added the following Videos to the youtube site.

IPv6 Troubleshooting Lab 1

In this video you are presented with complex issues in which are broken down into trouble tickets or tasks. I walk you through how to troubleshoot using CCIE level skills to restore network connectivity and come up with a valid solution to the trouble tickets or tasks.

The Troubleshooting Labs contain the following so that you can practice as well:

1) Initial Device Configuration
    2) GNS3 .net File
    3) Trouble Ticket PDF Document

Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) Lab 4

* Configure/Explain EIGRP concepts listed below and use show/debug commands for verification
    * EIGRP Filtering using Distribute Lists with Prefix Lists

Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN Lab 3

Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
    Multi-Protocol BGP (VPNV4)
    Mutual Redistribution
    MPLS
    EIGRP between ISP and Customer (PE to CE)
    EIGRP Route Manipulation to prefer MPLS VPN Path over Directly Connected Backdoor Path

‪bowlersp's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Thanks and good luck with your studies!
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    This is just a small message to say thanks. You are going well above and beyond in the help that you are giving to others.

Considering the quality of your videos, you are really putting a lot of work into these (Don't you have to do retakes sometimes?).

It is one thing to say "this is how you do this" and quite another to literally show "this is how you do this".

Also, you are building a strong brand for yourself within the certification preparation community.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    instant000 wrote: »
    This is just a small message to say thanks. You are going well above and beyond in the help that you are giving to others.

Considering the quality of your videos, you are really putting a lot of work into these (Don't you have to do retakes sometimes?).

It is one thing to say "this is how you do this" and quite another to literally show "this is how you do this".

Also, you are building a strong brand for yourself within the certification preparation community.

Thank you, I really appreciate your kind words. And to your question, yes retakes happen :)Sometimes I have to redo the whole video. And as an example, I re-mastered all of my earlier videos (Jan 2010) which had audio issues with them. So now there is no longer any issues with audio. This process took easily over 100 hours to complete, but it was well worth it.

My main focus is like you said, showing people how it works in real time. In my opinion this is the best way to learn. Also, I have put 100's if not 1,000's of hours studying, designing, producing and editing these videos. I can honestly tell you that the positive feedback I receive from people is far more valuable than the $$ received. My passion is in training, helping people learn and seeing them become successful in their careers.

Thanks again and have a great day!