Options

MCSE...Done!

Though it's not your traditional track:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Microsoft Certification Status[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Credential[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Certification / Version[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Date Achieved[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Jul 08, 2009[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Microsoft Windows Server 2003[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]May 02, 2009[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Microsoft Windows Server 2003[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Microsoft Certified Professional[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Jun 21, 2008[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Microsoft Certification Exams Completed Successfully[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Exam ID[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Description[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Date Completed[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]298[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]294[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Jun 24, 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]293[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Jun 10, 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]291[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]3779[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]May 01, 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]290[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Apr 11, 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]270[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Jun 21, 2008[/FONT]
I'm so very happy and I plan on really celebrating Saturday. Until then however, 70-284 is already in the works.

Scored 892 on 70-298. The exam wasn't so bad and the Transcenders really show you the format of the exam and get you in "design exam mode".

See you all in the Exchange forums!

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on getting your MCSE!
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Time to update your cert list on your profile!
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wait, so A+ and Network+ now count as an elective for MCSE? I knew it counted for MCSA.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The current MCSE cert page simply states "specific third-party (CompTIA) certifications." It does not say which ones...
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
    The link given on the MS site just goes to the CompTIA certification page.

Could anyone get confirmation of this? IS the combo A+/Net+ now good for an MCSE elective?

Agent6376, you clearly pasted this from your transcript, but did you take another elective that is not included in your paste?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    People have been reporting that that combination has been fulfilling the elective for awhile. It's not listed on the MCSE page, but it apparently works.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats Agent!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    I can confirm that A+/Net+ WILL count towards your MCSE. Even though I'm going to take 284 and 285, it's still nice to have the title a little early.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Very good to know. Congrats, Agent!
  • Options
    Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    Thank everyone for the kind words! Exchange is going well so far, nothing too far over my head. I'm really interested in finding some additional work with client/server networks to put some of this knowledge to work. It's a shame that I'm stuck doing PC repair 30%, new PC setups 15%, SOHO networks 40%, and I may see a server 15% of the time in the field with Geek Squad. I don't want to take too much of a risk with the way things are right now with unemployment, but I would love to not be so green to my next employer.
    A friend suggested that I look into doing contracted work after hours from GS and go out to some break/fix scenarios that usually involve servers of some sort at fast food places locally. It makes an extra buck, and I'd get some experience outside of homes and small businesses and maybe get a feel for how large corporations handle technical issues.
    What do you guys think?
  • Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    Congratz! Im not far behind you :) Just 70-297 to go.

Decided to do 70-649 MCTS upgrade first tho. Yay for the non traditional track! :)

Good Luck
  • Options
    manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    congrats...there have been some debate on whether it was Comptia's A+/Net + or just Security + that would count towards the MCSE electives...I do remember seeing A+/Net + listed at one time then it was gone...its good to know that it will count.
  • Options
    TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Congrats, good work
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

That's a nice milestone to hit.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)