Options

can you skip questions and go back to them?

ecummingsecummings Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm about to sit the 70-270 exam and have never sat any of the MS exams before. Can someone who has sat this confirmed that you can skip questions you're not sure about and go back to them at the end?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Rexer49Rexer49 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No, my teacher said you are not allowed to go back and answer previous questions.
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Yeh thats what i heard as well. That's going to hurt a little
  • Options
    allylaurenteallylaurente Member Posts: 131
    YES YOU CAN, you can mark those question that you are not too sure what is the right answer. You can go back too, any previous questions and you can change your answer if your not sure the right one. Actually after finished all 50 questions, there is a tab called Item Review that you can click on to review your answers. :D
    "...don't wait for miracles, be the miracle" - Bruce Almighty
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    You absolutely can. On an adaptive exam, where the next question is predicated on the response of the previous one (See CompTIA A+) you cannot go back.

However 70-270 is a flat fifty questions. I reviewed 11 of my answers once I completed #50. I walked out with an 810, so I'm pretty sure that at least some of those I reviewed made the difference.

Strategy: You get 2 hours. Make the first run through and answer the easy ones. Although you should have plenty of time to finish the exam, it would be a shame to get stuck on a couple hard ones and never see easier q's that may be behind them. The last 9 questions of my exam I found to be the easiest. Your mileage of course will vary.

After you've knocked out the easy ones, tackle the harder ones and use process of elimination to narrow things down in case you have to ultimately guess. It will increase your odds of picking up a few extra points.

Wow.. feels like SAT prep all over again. Take your time. Review what you don't know and even what you are not sure of. Rock on!
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    ecummingsecummings Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info and the tips. This is my first so I'm a bit nervous - I was hoping to be able to answer the easy ones first then go back. Good to know I can do that. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    i wish u luck as am wishing myself who is on same track of sitting for d same exam in few days from now icon_rolleyes.gif
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    Rexer49Rexer49 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry I didn't really read your post correctly. I thought you were talking about a different test, my bad.