Options

Passed ONT & Finally A CCNP

wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
Passed ONT this afternoon. This was my final test to get my CCNP. It has been about a 10 month journey. Enjoyed every minute of it, but somewhat happy that it is over and done with.

ONT, for me, was the easiest of the tests. I have no great love for QoS but I seem to understand it better than some of the other technologies. For anyone taking this test I recommend you know your SDM AutoQos and wireless management products.

Used CBT nuggets, Cisco Press books, and the Cisco Network Acad materials.

I think I am going to take a week or so off then dive into the two test track to get my CCDP. Should be interesting seeing that I am not that "logically" minded as I think the design courses what you to be.

Oh well, off to get drunk.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the test and CCNP!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy your well deserved Celebration!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So now you have nothing keeping you from taking 294 and a design exam to wrap up your MCSE, right? ;)

Congrats!
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    And his 298! Easier than the ISCW exam IMO

Congrats on finishing your CCNP!!!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    I already have the 294 just need the 298. Haven't thought much about getting my MCSE. My current job is Cisco-centric and I do not get to play with the servers at all, so Microsoft stuff has been put on the back-burner for now. Maybe sometime will finish it off when/if I get bored with networking.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!

Prior to working on your CCNP how much experience did you have with Cisco products? Trying to gain some perspective on the 10 month time frame it took you.

Cheers!
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    Prior to working on your CCNP how much experience did you have with Cisco products?

Prior to the CCNP I was doing just basic configs. Setting up Point-to-Point links, basic routing for 10 or less remote offices, L2L tunnels, etc. CCNA level stuff I would say.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

Good luck on the design track.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wirerat wrote: »
    when/if I get bored with networking.

Bored with networking? NEVER!:Dicon_wink.gif

Congrats man!icon_thumright.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

TBellamyTBellamy Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wirerat wrote: »
    This was my final test to get my CCNP. It has been about a 10 month journey.

Congratulations! How many hours per day/week did you study during the ten months? That seems impressive to do while also working full time. Way to go!
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Congrats! It's definitely a nice feeling to get them all done.
  • Options
    How many hours per day/week did you study during the ten months?

On the weeknights that I did study it was 1-2 hours. The weekends were the time I did most of my studying. I would try for at least 6 hours per day and probably averaged 8-10 on most weekend days.