Options

CCENT Under the belt

blucasblucas Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my CCENT with 958/1000 icon_cheers.gif !!!!
I see all my efforts, paying off, feels really really good. :D
I started my studies day 25/06 around 3-4h day.

I used:
Train Signal
CBT Nugget
Exam Cram
And a Portuguese Book "Redes Cisco for profissionais" (Very Good in details but, sometimes really complicated because, the key words are translated, and it really mix on your head).

I'm thankfully to the members of Techexame, I've learned from your experience, and from your supply, for example: even if I know how to subnet from several ways, i used this method Subnetting made easy and for exercising.

In the exam the first question was a simlet, I lose a huge amount of time because i didn't push all the buttons (didn't saw them) and I wasn't understanding what were to do (and yes I did the Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial), and the windows were so big, and well, what a mess, since this was my first exam, i just think something i missing were. I just remain calm this is the best thing to do. I've looked true everything, until i notice some buttons at your inferior left side, explaining the needs to complete the simlet... I really lose too much time on this.
To finalize there was only 1 question i didn't know the answer, hey but I've got it right, i knew there was only 2 options so were like 50% :)

I'm going to buy Cisco Press CCNA and Sybex CCNA gona try this ones.
I like to read multiple types of explanation, its like taking pictures from a right side face, left side face and then you try to imagine the front.

I'm also requesting help regarding the future, to finish my lab, i would like to get a 3662, this support voice? I don't know what I'm going to take after ICND2, if voice or security since wireless the lab is too expensive?
If 3662 support better i really wanna have one of those :D, if not a 26**XM?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations! Of all your study materials which ones did you find most helpful, in retrospect?
  • Options
    rsutton wrote: »
    Congratulations! Of all your study materials which ones did you find most helpful, in retrospect?

Thanks,
    Well I really think the videos, are good for basis.
    Train Signal more for ppl who doesn't have much experience on networks/computers, then CBT it goes sometimes more directly to subject in my opinion assumes that you have a little more basis then
    Train Sig. Both complete each other in some matters.
    And then the books really development better the basis and understanding how things work, why and why not.

Exam Cram really easy to read even for a non Eng.
    Explain much more detail and even speaks about things you won't see in Train or CBT.

More study more certain you are and more confident.

Thats the trick i think and calm.
  • Options
    djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job. I am going back Thursday to try again at the 640-802. I agree with you that some of the questions leave a mess on the screen and time is wasted trying to scroll through all the different windows. When I took my test the mouse did not have a scroll wheel and I had to waist time manually scrolling through the windows. Are you going for the ICND2 exam?
    Jedi never stop training......
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

I'd only consider a 366x if someone was giving them away -- or they cost only $50 more than a 3640. I've got 3640s in my home lab and have managed to survive without the 2 additional slots and on board Ethernet.

I've only got 1 3640 in my Voice Lab -- and that's just because I had an extra NM-HDV and 3640. For Voice I've got 1760 routers, old MC3810s, a couple 2650 routers, and a 2650XM with0 4.x Call Manager Express and AIM-CUE. I considered adding a 3725 or 3745 -- but decided it wouldn't add anything to my home lab that I couldn't already do. The 3640 only supported the old 3.x CallManager Express -- not sure if the 366x went any higher than 3.x

I had gone with the 3640s (back in the old days) because the cost of the 2600XM were over $500 each. But since times have changed and the costs have come down, consider the 2600XM routers now.

Decide what you want to accomplish with your lab and then shop around to find the best price on the equipment that will do what you want. But you do have to factor in the availability of equipment -- if the price is right on that 366x and every thing else is either not available or has added shipping costs, that 366x could end up being your best deal.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    djmaya wrote: »
    Are you going for the ICND2 exam?

Yes, but for at least for 2 weeks i wont touch at Cisco studies.
    This week i have to finish my report from the 1 year and 6 six month course "Installation, maintenance of networks and IT systems" I've made it at night. And then 1 Week of Vacations.

And then Charge ICND2.

mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

I'd only consider a 366x if someone was giving them away -- or they cost only $50 more than a 3640. I've got 3640s in my home lab and have managed to survive without the 2 additional slots and on board Ethernet.

I've only got 1 3640 in my Voice Lab -- and that's just because I had an extra NM-HDV and 3640. For Voice I've got 1760 routers, old MC3810s, a couple 2650 routers, and a 2650XM with0 4.x Call Manager Express and AIM-CUE. I considered adding a 3725 or 3745 -- but decided it wouldn't add anything to my home lab that I couldn't already do. The 3640 only supported the old 3.x CallManager Express -- not sure if the 366x went any higher than 3.x

My current setup is a 3640, 3620, 2651 and 2* 2950.

I searched CallManager Express 4.0(3) the last version seen at Cisco tools
    but I've seen 4.1.3 on google ??
    Yeah I just find out, 3660 only supports V.3 of CME but it can have 256MB...
    Any 1760 (128MB /32MB FL) supports CME4.0(3)
    (probably the cheapest solution)

2600XM and 2691 support also CME4.0(3)

Well, going look prices for this ones ^^.

Thanks mikej412,
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648