Has MCP been discontinued? [no of course not]

techie247techie247 Posts: 3Member ■□□□□□□□□□
I was thinking about taking MCP after I got done with A+ but I read on the microsoft website that MCP was discontinued.I might of read it wrong but is it true?

Comments

• mikiemovmikiemov Posts: 182Member
    Definitley still available... look at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.asp
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • techie247techie247 Posts: 3Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks 4 info but do i need to take Exam 70-058: Networking Essentials before taking MCP since I have Network+ cert?
  • lazyartlazyart Posts: 483Member
    If you pass any current Microsoft exam you become MCP, whether it be OS, Security, Programming etc... I believe 70-058 has been retired, but not the MCP program.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Posts: 3,359Member
    mikiemov wrote:

Once you figure what line of work you're interested in, go back to the above page. Choose a track that suits those desires. Read thru a few more information on each. Like LazyArt said, pass any M$ exam, and you've earned the MCP credential.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Posts: 1,945Member
    techie247 wrote:
    Thanks 4 info but do i need to take Exam 70-058: Networking Essentials before taking MCP since I have Network+ cert?

Networking Essentials is an exam from the NT 4.0 MCSE. The exam was retired some time ago. Look into the Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 tracks current exams.
    Andy

2017 Goals: 1 of 5 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete