Options

Opinions on free hard drive imaging software

jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
I bought a netbook recently and it came with Win XP Home and I put XP Pro on it. The recovery disk that came with it is for Home as well. Now that I have all my updates and drivers installed, I'd like to make an image of the hardrive in case something happens. I wanted to know what everyones opinion is on the free versions out there and what you have used and liked. Thanks.

Jeremy

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Acronis True Image.
  • Options
    I saw Acronis had a trial version for home. I also saw that you could make a bootable cd from it. Will there be an issue with creating a bootable cd and the trial period running out?
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    jbrown414 wrote: »
    I saw Acronis had a trial version for home. I also saw that you could make a bootable cd from it. Will there be an issue with creating a bootable cd and the trial period running out?

Acronis is pretty dumb with their licensing. The bootable CD isn't on a license, so essentially you don't even need the program to backup/restore an image.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I'm interested to see if there is even a free HD imager out there. I havent googled it yet.
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    For home hot-imaging I like DriveImage XML, free for personal use.
  • Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Most of the free trials that I have ever tried have most of their components disabled. You have to buy it to use everything.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    Well, I'm just looking for a one time use type of thing.