Options

Composite or broken down exams?

billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
Hello,

I was curious based on everyone's experience, is it better to take the separate exams ICND1 and then ICND2 or take the composite exam? I have been thinking that I was just going to do the one exam process straight for the CCNA. Thanks for any insight that is shared :)

Comments

• Options
    cisconoobletcisconooblet Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did the 2 test route. Its more expensive, and more test questions than the full ccna test. However I like it better because I can break down all the info into 2 tests and I think I had to learn it better to answer more questions. So it was a win win for me. However if you want to save money and don't mind all the info on one test I'd go that route.
    CCNA
    Network+
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Actually it is the same cost to take them seperately or as one test now. I am going the two test route - less pressure.
  • Options
    NeekoNeeko Member Posts: 170
    I have gone the two test route because I thought it would make things easier. This was more to do with the momorizing subjects such as the WAN basics, DSL types, wireless standards, security etc. I knew if I went through all these topics and then studied the second half, I'd forget it all straight away since it's just memorizing and not gaining an understanding or doing labs. I was right because as soon as I passed the CCENT exam I forgot all those factual snipets.

Without those type of topics I'd say the composite would be easier, but fact is there may be questions on any of it so I'm glad I don't have to try and remember the types and speeds of the various leased lines and the various wireless standards for very long.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    So, with the ICND1 exam, is there actually simulation questions, or is it a lot more memorizing? I have been thinking about the composite exam. But, if you are required to know all that information when preparing for the test, I would rather take the two exam route.
  • Options
    jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    So, with the ICND1 exam, is there actually simulation questions, or is it a lot more memorizing? I have been thinking about the composite exam. But, if you are required to know all that information when preparing for the test, I would rather take the two exam route.

There are simulation questions on both exams. I started with the intent to go with one exam but it was very overwhelming for me. Wendall Odom's ICND1 & ICND2 guides really break up the content well though. I recommend the two test route.