Options

CCNP Certification without real world experiance

saabuusaabuu Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hai,
I am working in a call centre .but i want to get into networking field..so i completed CCNA on may..But i did nt get any job..so i have planned to CCNP...but i dont have any real world experience ..so is it possible for me to complete ccnp papers without experience..if so how long will it take for me to complete all the papers..

OR some one pls tell me what i can do further..i am just looking blind here

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yes it happens all the time.. i would suggest trying to key some entry level network gig to start.. as far as time frame it could take 6 to 12 months depending on how you learn
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    saabuu wrote: »
    Hai,
    I am working in a call centre .but i want to get into networking field..so i completed CCNA on may..But i did nt get any job..so i have planned to CCNP...but i dont have any real world experience ..so is it possible for me to complete ccnp papers without experience..if so how long will it take for me to complete all the papers..

OR some one pls tell me what i can do further..i am just looking blind here

There's nothing wrong with obtaining certifications without experience. Just study especially hard because you have no real life infrastructure to support to get some context. Certainly have a lab at home. You really need to fight to get a break into some hands on networking role though. It's a bit like becoming a real rock star, you learn your craft playing live!

Good luck!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It'll take you awhile to finish your CCNP. Keep studying and looking for a new job. There's no reason not to keep doing both.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I did mine with very little real world experience, it was definitely tough, but obviously possible.