Options

Pushing the "a" key a few time loads media player?

ssjaronx4ssjaronx4 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at a mates laptop atm and I have managed to fix all of the issues except one. When you push the "a" key multiple times, WMP loads up. The machine is running Vista and its only the "a" key which does it. Any ideas why it would be doing this and how to stop it?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I cannot seem to replicate it on mine.

Here is a list of 'hot-keys'
    Windows Media Player Hot Keys

Perhaps a custom one was created by your friend without realizing it?

Which version of WMP and OS are you using? Are all the updates current?

(EDIT - NEVERMIND on the OS...I see you have VISTA icon_redface.gif)

I'm not using Vista, so maybe that is part of the reason I cannot recreate the issue. I will locate a Vista machine and see what I can find. Nevertheless, which WMP and are the updates all current?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?