Options

Converting a SCW Security Policy into a GPO

Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm trying to convert a security policy into a GPO. I used the Security Configuration Wizard to create the policy and saved it as an XML file. I then tried using the scwcmd command to convert it to a GPO. I first browsed to the directory that my XML file was in, and then typed the following:

scwcmd transform /p:70-293.xml /g:SCW-GPO

After pressing enter, I get a brief pause, and then the following error:

Command completed with error.
Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be? The exercise is in Chapter 9, Lesson 4, of the 70-293 MS-Press book incase anyone has it.

Thanks in advance!
Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!

Comments

• Options
    massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Jhonny ,seem we are having the same step of studying, i remember ur nick in 70-291 forum!!!
    For ur question, im reading this chapter too, and done the exercise correctly...u can't do it maybe becouse u haven't joined ur machine to a domain, or with bad LAN setting,or maybe with non-administrative account..this is a really greate tool SCW!!
    It's summer, i want to go beach!!!!!! and im putting my ass on this chair to study all august till september for the exam, grrrrrrrr :)