Options

Interview tomorrow with a recruiter

Tin_ManTin_Man Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have an interview tomorrow :) nice way to end my vacation I must say. However this is the first time I have ever dealt with a recruiter before. I've heard the horror stories of RHT and such so I'm a little skeptic going in. It all seems good (almost too good) 30-35k pay increase from what I make now + great benefits etc.,

On to my Question.

Most interview's end with a "Do you have any questions you would like to ask us?" However seeing this is with an agency and not the actual employer, will that question come up? and if so what do you ask? I've got some questions I normally ask but I'm not sure if they'll work in this scenario.
WIP: 70-647 (5%)

Comments

• Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I went through a recruiter for my current job. I went through Apex Systems Inc. My initial interview with them consisted of them just getting to know my background and seeing if I would fit in the position that they had with one of their clients. The real deciding factor of whether or not I got the position, was when I had my interview with the employer themselves.

Your experience may vary, but I'm sure you're just going to interview with Robert Half so they can see you in person and decide if they want you interviewing with the employer or not. If you do well with them, then you'll get an interview with the actual employer.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I would ask about logistics of working for the agency...perhaps if there are other agency folks working at the place of potential employment.

Good luck!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion