Options

Passed 640-802

djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed. I joined the Cisco Academy and I used the ICND1 and ICND2 books. I bought a couple of routers to work with at home. Thanks again for letting me know about the COMEBACK2009 promo.
Jedi never stop training......

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

So what's next icon_study.gif after the celebration? drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Linux+, CCNA voice, CCNP. I want to get the Linux+ over with next. I would like to point out that the Boson practice test that came with the Cisco Press books is not very good. The Boson questions require to much sub-netting to be done in the time allotted.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS to you. Good luck with your future studies.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    blucasblucas Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
  • Options
    MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tigerplugtigerplug Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I failed it, hoping to sit it again in the near future or perhaps take the two exam approach. I was just a couple of points under the required score.

This really is a tricky one.

You've obviously put in the work and its paid off! Celebration time :)
  • Options
    MachX85MachX85 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats! That must have been tough, you deserve a drink.
  • Options
    jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good to hear when people pass. I take my exam Monday morning. Nervous as hell but I feel prepared. I'm going to call in to work stating I'll be late. No one knows other than here I'll be taking the exam. Wish me best of luck!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jeesare wrote: »
    I take my exam Monday morning.
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Remember your time management skills for the exam.

No more than 10 minutes (or so) on a SIM. If you don't get it by then you probably never will -- so you're just taking time away from the "easy questions." Plus there are ungraded questions on the exam -- if you have a problem on a SIM (and you've done lots of hands on lab preparation) use the comment button to complain about it and hope that it was a defective "beta question." I had one SIM where the graphic was twice the width of the screen and it turned out the scroll bar at the bottom of the graphic was only 1 pixel high -- I left some very rude comments about that.

Also remember to:
    1. Read the Question.
    2. Read ALL the answers.
    3. Read the Question AGAIN.
    4. Then Select the CORRECT Answer(s).
    If you don't read carefully you may misread the question and jump on the obvious answer to the wrong question -- which is a wrong answer.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Appreciate the tips! I'll keep the "time management" in mind.

Along with all the study material such as Sybex, Element K, and Labs, I been using practice questions with sims to familiarize myself with the questions and answers. Hope it pays off.
  • Options
    Just don't waist time. When I first attempted the test I ran out of time. The simulations are time killers.
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    mikej412 wrote: »

I had one SIM where the graphic was twice the width of the screen and it turned out the scroll bar at the bottom of the graphic was only 1 pixel high -- I left some very rude comments about that.

Hahaaaa Mike, I guess this was the effect of drinking tons of Beers, It's all in ur head bro icon_tongue.gif... Congratulations djmaya icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Dubuku57Dubuku57 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is coming a little late, but COngrATs djmaya!!