Options

70-680 Windows 7 Exam - Just passed

allegianceallegiance Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I took the 70-680 exam today and got 700/1000! I didn't study for the test and haven't really used it. I do know Vista quite well though. I just wanted to get opinions of anyone else that has taken this test?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

I would be keen to see some answers of that too :)
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

I was thinking about taking a shot but I want a break from MS exams for a few weeks sleeping.gif
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

I was thinking about taking a shot but I want a break from MS exams for a few weeks sleeping.gif

hmmmmm, have you not got enough certs already?? :) greedy!! :):):D
  • Options
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    hmmmmm, have you not got enough certs already?? :) greedy!! :):):D

LOL. I want one that says Charter Member, I don't have any of those at the moment ;)
  • Options
    LOL. I want one that says Charter Member, I don't have any of those at the moment ;)

I just looked at my Win7 Cert online and it says Charter Member :)
  • Options
    allegiance wrote: »

Well that's gone and done it now. I have been using Windows 7 for a bit and done a fresh install just yesterday. I have just found Windows 7 Feature Walkthroughs and I think a week of intense Windows 7 fun I might go book this one up for the 30th.

With the NDA you agreed to in mind, how did the Windows 7 exam compare to the Windows Vista exam?
  • Options
    Well that's gone and done it now. I have been using Windows 7 for a bit and done a fresh install just yesterday. I have just found Windows 7 Feature Walkthroughs and I think a week of intense Windows 7 fun I might go book this one up for the 30th.

With the NDA you agreed to in mind, how did the Windows 7 exam compare to the Windows Vista exam?

It was more challenging, the Vista exam seemed more "home" based, whereas the Windows 7 exam seemed more business/domain based.

A couple of tips would be to learn HomeGroups, DirectAccess, Bitlocker/Bitlocker to go.

That's about all I can remember. sleeping.gif I will have a think about it overnight and come back to you!
  • Options
    It was more challenging, the Vista exam seemed more "home" based, whereas the Windows 7 exam seemed more business/domain based.

A couple of tips would be to learn HomeGroups, DirectAccess, Bitlocker/Bitlocker to go.

That's about all I can remember. sleeping.gif I will have a think about it overnight and come back to you!

Thanks for the pointers, I have begun collecting materials.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You guys know there is a sticky for study resources for this exam in the MCTS/MCITP General forum, right?
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/42480-71-680-resources.html
  • Options

Now that ticks me off.... I passed the Beta exam and mine doesn't say that! Urgh.....
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Now that ticks me off.... I passed the Beta exam and mine doesn't say that! Urgh.....
    Me neither - what gives?! I want that "charter member" moniker too! icon_sad.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I got an 816 on the beta, no studying

They need to give us beta takers the charter member thing. icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    You guys know there is a sticky for study resources for this exam in the MCTS/MCITP General forum, right?
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts...resources.html

Yes I have seen this, thanks for pointing it out.
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I got an 816 on the beta, no studying
    They need to give us beta takers the charter member thing. icon_cry.gif

Nice score with no study.

I thought all the beta takers also got Charter Member, I must be wrong. Taken from http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-program-membership.aspx#E3G

Q. What is Charter Member certification?

A.
    Charter Members are the pioneering group of individuals who achieve a certification shortly after the certification becomes available. When a Charter Member certification is offered, it is available to candidates who achieve the new certification within six months after the certification exam is released. Charter Members are recognized by receiving the Charter version of the certificate.

I guess shortly after the certification becomes available means release rather than beta.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, I guess I'm out of the loop. What's the deal with the charter member thing?

Congrats to the OP!
  • Options

A.
    Charter Members are the pioneering group of individuals who achieve a certification shortly after the certification becomes available. When a Charter Member certification is offered, it is available to candidates who achieve the new certification within six months after the certification exam is released. Charter Members are recognized by receiving the Charter version of the certificate.

I guess shortly after the certification becomes available means release rather than beta.
    Wow, that kinda bites. Although I can't complain too much since I got to take the test for free. But I can still complain a little... icon_wink.gif

• Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Wow, I guess I'm out of the loop. What's the deal with the charter member thing?

Congrats to the OP!

A.

AKA You get a certificate with the Charter Member stamp icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    skrpune wrote: »
    Wow, that kinda bites. Although I can't complain too much since I got to take the test for free. But I can still complain a little... icon_wink.gif

This made me laugh.
  • Options
    I have charter member for my MCITP Enterprise Admin and it does not show on the digital cert either....

Beta takers have traditionally gotten the charter member stamp.
  • Options
    I have charter member for my MCITP Enterprise Admin and it does not show on the digital cert either....

It shows up as a green banner sort of thing on my digital cert, I will post a pic later on.
    dynamik wrote:
    Congrats to the OP!

Thanks! :D
  • Options
    Thanks for the pointers, I have begun collecting materials.

Oh Branch Cache and System Images are probably the last two things, everything else you should be right from Vista. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Oh Branch Cache and System Images are probably the last two things, everything else you should be right from Vista. icon_thumright.gif

Saw these whilst out hunting icon_wink.gif I figured they looked new and exam worthy. Thanks again for the input.

You have not said what's up next for you?
  • Options
    Saw these whilst out hunting icon_wink.gif I figured they looked new and exam worthy. Thanks again for the input.

You have not said what's up next for you?

70-640. I have already been studying for about a month, I have the MCITP-EA press books from Microsoft. It is difficult to stay motivated through the 1000 page 70-640 book though. icon_sad.gif Trying to juggle work/study/life is a tedious balance. I got the CBT nuggets videos for 70-640 today so I want to take a look at them tomorrow. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    70-640. I have already been studying for about a month, I have the MCITP-EA press books from Microsoft. It is difficult to stay motivated through the 1000 page 70-640 book though. icon_sad.gif Trying to juggle work/study/life is a tedious balance. I got the CBT nuggets videos for 70-640 today so I want to take a look at them tomorrow. icon_study.gif

Allow me to ease your pain... the MS 640 book is only about 820 pgs, not 1000. ;)
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    TravR1 wrote: »
    Allow me to ease your pain... the MS 640 book is only about 820 pgs, not 1000. ;)

952 including all contents and index icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    skrpune wrote: »

Yeah that does bite!! We should either get the Charter Member or at least a free exam voucher!!!!
  • Options

Just checked my pdf version of the Windows 7 cert today, and it does now say "charter member" on it. So for anyone who was a beta tester and downloaded their cert right away, if you log back onto the MCP site & redownload, you can now get a cert with "charter member" on it.

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't have one from my Hyper-V beta pass. Screw this; I'm switching to Cisco...
  • Options
    germanicusgermanicus Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed 70-680 today with a score of 748. icon_cheers.gif
    MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring.................................PASSED
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7.................PASSED
    ITIL® V3 Foundations...........................................PASSED

Microsoft Operations Framework Foundation V4
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
    PRINCE2 ?
  • Options
    germanicus wrote: »