Options

oppinion about Spiceworks

PiotrIrPiotrIr Member Posts: 236
Hi,

Has somebody uses Spiceworks for monitoring? (Spiceworks - Free Network Monitoring Software for Network Management).
Could you give me opinion about this solution?

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Surprisingly powerful considering its free!

Didnt make a connection to all my PC's on the network even though they were switched on with same admin password as others
  • Options
    NuwinNuwin Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the price, you can't beat it and they're constantly adding features. The user community is very active as well, so if you have problems, you can probably get an answer to them reasonably quick.
    "By the power of Grayskull"
  • Options
    120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    I've been using it for a couple months now, and so far, it has done exactly what I needed (after a plugin or two). As others have said, for the price, it's great. I will admit that I don't use the ticketing system built in, as my company already has another solution, so I can't comment for that part of it.
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I like Lansweeper better. Try them out as well. They are also free.
  • Options
    PiotrIrPiotrIr Member Posts: 236
    Many thanks for your opinions. However I noticed that you concentrated on inventory feature. I’m more looking for monitoring option. Could you tell me how it works in practice? Any issues, disadvantage etc.?

Best Regards
  • Options
    120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    I only use it minimally for monitoring, kind of a 20,000 ft. view of workstations (I don't allow Spiceworks to monitor my servers. Who knows what it's doing behind the scenes?). I mostly use Nagios for monitoring.
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.