Options

M$ office 2010

SumptuousSumptuous Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I saw a guy who had MS office 2010 installed on his laptop and would like to ask you guys has MS publicly released the MS office 2010 or its just a leaked version.

Because i haven't received any e-mail from MS of a Beta version of MS office 2010 being released to the public or may be it Passed me .
2010 GOALS

MCITP,EA,SACWNACCNP

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's in private beta I think. He must have gotten an invitation.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can request an invitation... Or I should say you were able to, probably closed now.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Which begs the question...why on earth would you be interested in Office 2010 to begin with?

I'm not anti-Microsoft by any means, but I'm just now starting to see people migrate over to 2007.
  • Options
    rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    /usr wrote: »
    Which begs the question...why on earth would you be interested in Office 2010 to begin with?

I'm not anti-Microsoft by any means, but I'm just now starting to see people migrate over to 2007.
    So you can show people your laptop with Office 2010 on it and say Look how cool I am!.

I wonder if Office 2010 will make us learn another totally different way of doing the exact same tasks like they did from 2003 to 2007.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□

I want to get a copy of it simply so I'll have time to test it before one of the users here gets a notion there is something new out there. I like to have a least a few months on some software to test out prior to having to officially support it.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637

Office 2010 is only one part of the Office System 2010 suite of products that are being released. If you are doing early testing with SharePoint 2010 or Exchange 2010 you might want to see how all the products are tying together.
  • Options
    babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I signed up for that beta. (Technical preview I should say).

Since MS said it's publicly announced and no NDA, I guess I can talk =)

From using the technical beta, it's pretty fast when compared to 2007 (even though I didn't think 2007 was slow either).

The "backstage" feature replaces the button, to give you all the details about your file in one place. However, I hope it will get changed up a little before it's final release as it covers the whole screen and I don't like not being able to get right back to work on my document.

I don't want to say it's unstable at the moment because it's just at the technical preview stage but it crashes at times (haven't experienced a crash that caused me big problems though).

I'm using the 32bit version of Office 2010, not the 64bit version as I don't have 64bit OS installed right now.

Good step forward but don't get over hyped. =)
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got the invite as well. I'll install it on my work computer and give it a shot.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tyrant1919 wrote: »
    I got the invite as well. I'll install it on my work computer and give it a shot.

Is it actually available for you to install now?
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■

Support for Open Document format allowing you to work with OpenOffice files, saving documents as PDFs, SharePoint 2010 integration and Exchange 2010 integration.

The first two can also be found in Office 2007 SP2, btw.
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    This is too soon. Just like windows 7 !!!
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »

Yes it is, I actually have it running at home and on my work computer. I love it and cant wait for the full version to be released.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Yeah I've been running the Tech Preview and Windows 7 on my Mini 9 for a few weeks. As others have said it's an evolutionary upgrade. The other Office Apps all have the ribbon interface now and the changes to Groove are cool.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What new features are you guys enjoying so much?
  • Options
    Got it installed, haven't played around with it much yet. Uninstalling Outlook 07 right now to install Outlook 2010.

So is this Office one zero? Or Office ten? Or Office twenty ten?
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    favorite feature so far is the happy face/sad face icon that they installed in my icon tray. Just in case I want to send them a screenshot of my selected happiness/sadness level.

edit: Wow, outlook is very cool. I'll do a short writeup on it when I mess around with it more.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I definitely like outlook 2010
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I installed it today ..

I had the same issue when with excel 2007 after migrating from 2003

Some charts just refuse to work correctly and need to be tweaked on the new version.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Got an invite from Microsoft, clicked the link inside the email "Page you have requested cannot be found". Copied the link into the browser - same deal ... just used the invite id in my connect account "cannot be found" .. what a rubbish ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    I think I had to login to the connect website, then copy and paste the url in. Not sure if I did the same window or different window, but it did work eventually. I thought my link was bad too.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Too bad my Outlook 2010 is having trouble with the Live.ca accounts.

Works for my Live.com, Hotmail.com, gmail accounts.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I uninstalled the application, now Outlook 2007 can not open the profile!
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I use Office 2010 x64 on both my laptop and my home PC. I love it. It is easier to use, and has more "Umph" than 2007. It's a worthy upgrade. There are enough new features to warrant an upgrade to it. It is also quite a bit faster than 2007. The interface is easier (although there is quite a bit of bitching on the newsgroups about it) to use, it looks better, and it is fun to use. The screenshot feature is very handy for putting shots in your website (if you use Word, or can cut and paste via WYSIWYG) or writing books/newsletters (which I should probably finish my little book). The text options are awesome, simple and fun. Excel has a lot of things that make it easier to use.

Did I mention is was faster?! Plus, I really like seeing a mainstream application like Office going 64-bit. Sure, most people won't see any difference, but they didn't when we went from 16 to 32, either. 64-bit world domination! :D MUA HA HA HA!

Try it. Just apply, I was accepted within 24 hours and it was available on Microsoft Connect right away. Definitely worth it, I'm going to be getting the final version when it is released, too. I'm submitting bug reports and whatever I can find to help improve it.

Oh, and I think you hit the wrong button on the title, you accidently put a dollar sign instead of the S.... Oops for you! ;)
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Microsoft Office 2010 Technical Preview program is now closed, due to high demand.