Syngress Book

Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just ordered the 70-293 Syngress book from Amazon, after reading all of the positive feedback on it from Techexams (especially from Dynamik). I am currently studying the MS-Press book, and from the things I've read, it's severely lacking in areas compared to the Syngress book. I would like to take the exam by the end of August. I noticed that the Syngress book has 800 pages! What's the best way to study the book? Are there certain areas/chapters I can concentrate on, or will I need to read the entire book? icon_study.gif

I wish I would have bought the Syngress book when I started studying for this exam. I only have a few more chapters to go in the MS-Press book and still don't feel comfortable with the material. icon_sad.gif
Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!

Comments

• shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    I've been thinking about ordering that book too. I have the MS-Press book, but it does seem lacking.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I read both the MS Press and Syngress and no question the MS Press book sucks for this exam. Syngress was way better. Pay attention to the RRAS/IAS, Ipsec, PKI and clustering/NLB stuff. Good luck, this was a wicked hard exam.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think more things u read, more confortable u will be, but on the other hand,i think if u have done good the 70-291, u have almost done this exam. i will schedule it for september maybe(the test-center closer to me will close next week till august), and doin grate with ms-book and testout only.
    Sybex and Syngress for me, can help if something is not so clear in ur mind, so u check-out from those book.
    And finally do lots of question test (this will be the best medicine)
    this is my point of view, my type of study....
    otherwise u will be crazy if all the exams u study sybex ,syngress, and other book!!! :)
    Good luck Jhonny