Took the JNCIE-ER yesterday

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
So I took the JNCIE-ER yesterday and I have to say that the test wasn't all that bad. I'm just waiting nervously for the results now. I feel like I did well but I keep going through things that I did on the test and thinking "did I do that" or "did I remember to re-activate ospf on such and such router". I thought of one mistake that I knew I made and so hopefully that won't be enough to fail me.

I'm supposed to get the results today so I'll be nervously clutching my phone and jumping at every sound it makes... icon_confused.gif
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    so when do you get your results?
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • ccie15672ccie15672 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hope you pass.

I intend on taking this exam after getting through the JNCIE-M...
    Derick Winkworth
    CCIE #15672 (R&S, SP), JNCIE-M #721
    Chasing: CCIE Sec, CCSA (Checkpoint)
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the JNCIE-ER club

Now you can go back to Edmonton enjoy the last 2 or 3 weeks of summer it has left :P
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    ahh yes, found out yesterday that it was a pass for me. Zoidberg here got the preliminary update since he's on my bb messenger :D

I'm so glad it's finally over, I put an insane amount of lab time study into it but I supposed that it did pay off. Now I finally feel like I can relax and maybe play a video game or two :D

And what, summer is here in Edmonton? I'm still waiting for it to show up ;)

-Bender
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

When zoidberg posted the congratulations I was guessing that there were so few JNCIEs that whenever there was a new one all the existing JNCIEs called each other and passed along news of the new JNCIE icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats!!!

What did you use for lab materials?
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • ccie15672ccie15672 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm guessing olives... and he worked his way through the JUNOS Enterprise Routing book... maybe AJRE course materials?

Proteus has mock labs... but they are not cheap. 800 bucks for two!

Proteus has a bootcamp too.

I think that is pretty much it for stateside IE prep stuff for JUNOS...
    Derick Winkworth
    CCIE #15672 (R&S, SP), JNCIE-M #721
    Chasing: CCIE Sec, CCSA (Checkpoint)
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Congratulations Zach.. What's your number though??
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    ccie15672 wrote: »
    I'm guessing olives... and he worked his way through the JUNOS Enterprise Routing book... maybe AJRE course materials?

Proteus has mock labs... but they are not cheap. 800 bucks for two!

Proteus has a bootcamp too.

I think that is pretty much it for stateside IE prep stuff for JUNOS...

Yeah, I should have been more specific.

What lab scenarios were used?

tia
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats aldur!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • toufiqtoufiq Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Aldur,

I hope you will pass the exam.
    congrats in advance!

Regards,
    Toufiq
  • SumptuousSumptuous Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations m8
    2010 GOALS

MCITP,EA,SACWNACCNP
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Thanks for the Congrats everybody :D
    mikej412 wrote: »
    When zoidberg posted the congratulations I was guessing that there were so few JNCIEs that whenever there was a new one all the existing JNCIEs called each other and passed along news of the new JNCIE icon_lol.gif

LOL, seriously though, this could be somewhat feasible considering our current numbers :D
    seraphus wrote: »
    Yeah, I should have been more specific.

What lab scenarios were used?

tia

For mats I used the AJRE guides, and the ER book. I then had a pretty good lab in my basement to practice with :D

As far as labs I started with the labs that were just found within the ER book, which was a good starting point, but they tended get boring after a little plus I felt like I could expect to see more complex scenarios on the test. So I created my own labs that ended up being more complex then what the actual test was like :D

If you like I could paste my topology and the labs that I made up if anybody would like to use them to study.

-Bender
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Aldur wrote: »
    If you like I could paste my topology and the labs that I made up if anybody would like to use them to study.
    Sounds like a GREAT idea for a new thread (and possible first Juniper Forum sticky)!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • bryantstewartbryantstewart Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good deal man!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Sounds like a GREAT idea for a new thread (and possible first Juniper Forum sticky)!! icon_cheers.gif

I like the idea of a possible Juniper Forum sticky authored by me :D

I'll get my stuff together and get it posted soon.

-Bender
    That'd certainly put Zoidberg in his place. He should have done something like that awhile ago.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Huge congrats on the pass!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11

Awesome!!!!

This would be great!
    dynamik wrote: »
    That'd certainly put Zoidberg in his place. He should have done something like that awhile ago.

Ya, that Zoidberg is a lazy jerk!

In his defense, he's too busy stalking other JNCIE candidates to be the first to find out when they pass :P
    zoidberg wrote: »
    In his defense, he's too busy stalking other JNCIE candidates to be the first to find out when they pass :P

Some may find that creepy, I just found it flattering icon_wink.gif

-Bender

Wow. It seems like TE guys are really into that type of thing: http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2003-general/45015-lucky-3s.html#post330115
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations aldur icon_cheers.gif
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    many gratz dude!

Such an awesome achievement! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Whats your next cert goals?
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.

I aim to please, you sick little pervert :P

And to answer that last question directed to Aldur, I believe his next goal is the CCNA :)

And yup, I am now officially worried that I know too much about Aldur and I think I should start stalking random hot ladies instead. No offense Aldur, but at least that will give me an excuse the police officers will understand when they arrest me :)

(sigh. i don't post here for a month or two and this is my glorious return??? haha)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    Thanks again for all the congrats guys :D
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    Congratulations Zach.. What's your number though??

I haven't gotten my number yet but currently there are 46 JNCIE-ER's so I'm thinking I'll be number 47. I was shooting for <50 so that would fit right in :D
    Pash wrote: »
    many gratz dude!

Such an awesome achievement! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Whats your next cert goals?

As zoidberg found out, from his sneaky activities already discussed, I plan on getting some cisco certs starting with the good ol' ccna :D Some ppl say that's crazy for me to go for such a low level cert but I think it'll help me get a good understanding of the syntax plus it will be a nice little respite after doing IE level studying ;)

And just because I work for Juniper doesn't mean I don't interact with cisco equipement on an almost daily basis. The customer that I'm working with is in a multi-vendor environment and so many of a times I'm working interopability between Juniper and cisco routers. I figure it will be a good career move to understand both vendors and plus be able to provide better help to my customer.
    zoidberg wrote: »
    And yup, I am now officially worried that I know too much about Aldur and I think I should start stalking random hot ladies instead. No offense Aldur, but at least that will give me an excuse the police officers will understand when they arrest me :)

(sigh. i don't post here for a month or two and this is my glorious return??? haha)

well you see if you move on from your current fetish and start doing the normal stalking of hot chicks then your gonna lose your weirdness factor and that means no made for TV movie. I mean c'mon, how many "made for TV" movies have been done about creepy guys who stalk hot girls, kinda been done to death. But creepy guys who stalk potiential JNCIE candidates, there's the bread winner!! You could sell the rights to the highest bidder and live off the payout for the rest of your life. Then, without having to worry about doing real work, not that the work you do is real work ;), you could more effectively pursue your life long goal of stalking JNCIE candidates! Then the next action would be to take over the world, but lets just do one step at a time ;)

-Bender