Options

Lucky 3's

I passed the '70-297: Windows Server 2003 Reading Comprehension and Migration' exam today with a 780. icon_lol.gif

Third times a charm seams to be my moto lately (293, 294 and now 297). I tried to cram for the 70-297 in June before the second shot offer wore off and came up a bit short with a 675 on my second attempt. This exam format is very wordy and is more like a reading comprehension exam. Not much new info other than the various ways to upgrade previous domains.

Well, that finally wraps up my MCSE! And I do mean FINALLY, I feel like i have been crawling towards the MCSE finish line this past year. Thank you to all the TE members for the motivation. I'm not sure what's next on my agenda....besides getting liquored up tonight drunken_smilie.gif
WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice score. I'm glad you passed.
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Rock on Net, Way to Go!!! What a feeling eh? When did you start if you don't mind my asking? Enjoy your celebration!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You have my heartiest congratulations, netadmin. Your a fine example of perseverance paying off. I'll make sure I drink a couple extra shots of Dimple Scotch tonight.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I heard you were taking this (apparently I have a secret network stalking you), and I was wondering how you did. Glad to see you pulled it off!

Have you thought about what you're going to do next? Are you going to take a stab at the EA, or are you going to mix it up a bit and take a break from MS?
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Thanks guys, hope you enjoyed that scotch Essendon!
    genXrcist wrote: »
    Rock on Net, Way to Go!!! What a feeling eh? When did you start if you don't mind my asking? Enjoy your celebration!

I think I began studying around April 08', I breezed through the MCSA stuff in like 4 months then sorta did the backwards crab walk the rest of the way.
    Dynamik wrote:
    I heard you were taking this (apparently I have a secret network stalking you)

*Peeks out of his window blinds*

Yeah, it kinda freaked me out when I got a text Saturday morning wishing me luck on my exam, especially when I had just scheduled it a couple days ago and hadn't told ANYONE about it. Anyways, stalkers are cool, they make me feel special.

I don't know what to do next. A break from MS would be nice. When I'm less hungover I'll try to figure out what to study next. icon_smile.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    congratulations, nice work
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4
  • Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Great job! Hopefully I will be joining you in the MCSE club soon.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well, you definitely beat me (we were racing, right? icon_lol.gif ) I must give my congrats to you for 2 things: Getting your MCSE, and staying on top of your studies (unlike myself). You definitely deserve a break, SO ENJOY!!! icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Bit late I know (holiday!), but HUGE congrats to you mate. I know you've put a lot of effort into working towards the MCSE and your continued dedication and perseverance despite a few setbacks is to be commended!

Really, well done icon_thumright.gif

(Have a beer on me)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Finally my prying eyes didn't get me slapped or kicked out of the testing room. I have no choice but to accept full responsibility for wishing you enough luck to get you over the hump.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.