Options

which best material to use

ysf_kassedysf_kassed Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
:nw: well i need your advice

i wonder which is better while preparing ccna 640-802.
is it the academic material , or the sybex CCNA 640-802 6th Edition or CCNA 640-802 fastpass 3 th édition.

I'm in troubel , inspite that i 've few time to prepare in selfstudying

need yours advice

Comments

• Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    I'm a fan of the Train Signal video's, and I see a lot of people talking about the CBT video's too. I have the Sybex book, and it isn't bad, I read it when I'm not in front of a computer. :)
  • Options
    jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recommend the Sybex 6th Edition. Training videos as well such as CBT. I used Element K for the ICND1 &2 online training.
  • Options
    TBellamyTBellamy Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recommend Meat and Potatoes.

Cicso Press books for the meat, and the CBTs of your choosing for the potatoes.

I used Train Signal for the CCNA, but I am going to use CBT Nuggets for the CCNP. Mostly due to my need to listen to a different voice for hours on end for a while.

Of course this leads to the inevitable lab gear questions .... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    schpenxelschpenxel Registered Users Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've looked at about everything. The sybex book is awesome. I personally like that book + CBT nuggets + get on some real equipment (or use dynamips if you can) to follow along while they're doing examples in the videos or books. then do them again on your own. you should be good after that.
  • Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    I recommend getting your own lab equipment.

I used the following set up:

1 1721
    1 2509
    1 2621
    2 2950's

for reading material I mainly used The sybex CCNA study guide from Lammle even though I had the Cisco Press ICND 1 & 2. I found the Lammle book more readable, for me atleast.

I also used the CBT Nuggets and I also have the train signal Series as well. I found that I gained more from the CBT Nuggets than I did the train signal, Plus Chris Bryant, while very knowlegeable, he is SOOO boring. Like ZZZZ...boring. I could not force myself to watch all of them.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI