'My exam experience' (no all caps please...)

Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_mad.gif WARNING: Stay away form this exam!!!

I took the exam today and I was very surprised.. Half the questions I never heard of..I read the books and i did the practice test but for somereason i failed....

They also have lots of trick questions....

I am consederign a career change becuase I can't stand doing this...

plus I was on;y 2 questions off from passing....

MAke sure that u know everying that cpmptia want u to know...

This EXAM WAS WASTE OF $140US..

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Unfortunatly, you answered your own frustration....
    dxa+ wrote:
    MAke sure that u know everying that cpmptia want u to know...

That is the case for most their exams. I understand the OS is usually harder than core, but it's not impossible. Many people here have passed, and failed(I failed in 2001). Those who fail, study harder, and then pass. You shouldn't quit over this. The exams from here out, don't get any easier. Go over the objectives , look at your report, and put some more time into the areas you need to improve.
    There is no failure except in no longer trying.
    Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
    You always pass failure on your way to success.

PS--Check another post I made about a wicked cheap A+ voucher!!!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Sorry to hear! I am taking the OS soon i will let you know how it goes!
  • ITjobsGOTuDownITjobsGOTuDown Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also faied OS the first time. However, I studied my butt off and passed the second time around.

I agree though, theway the questions are asked is somewhat suspect. I knew the material very well but the context of the questions are the hard part. Even when I passed I had a hard time understanding the questions.
  • Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    I figured I had a fifty/fifty chance of passing....either way, I wasn't going to let it stop me from my goals, else the last three years would have been a waste of time and energy (which I'm short on both.. icon_rolleyes.gif ).
    Finding different sources and digging into the deepest corners is what it's all about. I figure one test per month, since I took the core this month, I will take the os next month, either way, if I pass--I'll have a beer, If I pass, I'll have two beers, If I fail- I'll have a beer, kick myself, then pick the books back up and try again....
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, don't give up! I took 2003 Core & OS this past May and passed Core, but failed (just by a hair) OS. It fired me up and made me even more determined to succeed. So, I built a second computer, fixed a pc someone did not want and there I had a Win '98, 2K Pro, XP Home OS set up, in my rather large bedroom. I hooked up a router (to understand Networking a little more), for high speed internet and I then had myself a pretty cool personal Lab enviroment to practice in. I was amazed at how much more information I was able to comprehend and retain, by doing so. However, I felt the second OS exam I took in August, was much harder and I saw questions that I don't recall ever seeing in any study material, that I layed my hands on!
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
  • HÆLLRÆZORHÆLLRÆZOR Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't give up. I work with a lot of people that have been pc techs for awhile and a lot of them have failed it. Some have failed it even more than once. So don't get discouraged just study hard and get some hands on experience.

I also barely passed on my first try with like a 600 so don't worry about it. It is just a test, you will pass it eventually.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ya thanks for the advice and all.. I was really pissed the day i failed since i studyed so hard... Anyways I am still in high school and I have chosen this career not to do when i am finish.. Busniess here I come!!! icon_wink.gif
  • amystriamystri Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to here that you didn't pass. Hope you don't give up on the career path of computing...
  • gymboy689gymboy689 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you said you were 2 questions away, what was your actual score?

i took it this morning and got a 487, so how many questions off was i?
    jeremythegeek.jpg