Options

Boson Exams

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
Okay starting to take practice test. Is Boson pretty good and is it harder then ICDN 1 test like measure ups are for mcse?
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• Options
    TBellamyTBellamy Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Boson tests that came with the Cisco Press books and they seemed a bit harder than the actual exams (ICND1 & 2). But then there was no fear factor involved. They just seemed to be a bit more involved but it forced be to think things out, which was good.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is what I wanted to hear because it is making me think more.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    cisconoobletcisconooblet Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think those exams were just a bit harder than the real exams. Good stuff either way. Very good training for the real thing.
    CCNA
    Network+
  • Options
    jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    I think those exams were just a bit harder than the real exams. Good stuff either way. Very good training for the real thing.

I can attest to that. The Boson exams are harder than the real exam. It does give you a head start going into the exam. However, I recommend taking some of them timed so that you can add another layer or pressure.
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Ditto, for ICND1 they are harder. I am hoping the same is true for ICND2, because the Boson questions are kicking my butt!

Drew
  • Options
    cisconoobletcisconooblet Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can attest to that. The Boson exams are harder than the real exam. It does give you a head start going into the exam. However, I recommend taking some of them timed so that you can add another layer or pressure.

I didn't say that but I meant it. Timing it is great, also don't show the percentage correct or the number of correct answers needed. You will be better off for it.
    CCNA
    Network+
  • Options
    Dubuku57Dubuku57 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This was asked, just putting in my 2 cents worth-the labs are little buggy-some of em...so do take care!!
  • Options
    jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking into getting the ExSim-Max for Cisco 640-802 since Boson claims you will never find a harder practice exam. I felt like selftestsoftware had pretty easy questions imo. Once I go through the Lammle book for the 2nd time, I'll decide by then.
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jeesare wrote: »
    I'm looking into getting the ExSim-Max for Cisco 640-802 since Boson claims you will never find a harder practice exam. I felt like selftestsoftware had pretty easy questions imo. Once I go through the Lammle book for the 2nd time, I'll decide by then.

I can vouch for these. Very very good. Only complaint I have is I'm now out an arm and a leg and possibly my first born son. On the other hand, I do have my CCNA.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT