Options

MCSA/MCITP Opinions

Hello All,

I currently work for the airforce as a Windows/Exchange Admin, I currently have my MCSA +M and would need 294 and a design exam to finish my MCSE. My concern would be should I continue with my MCSE or should i drop it and start testing for MCITP? In this organization we are not running 2008 server as of yet but we are running 2007 Exchange in one of our forrest. What do you think?
On the road to MCITP......

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Definitely wrap up your MCSE if you're that close. You'll save an exam when you upgrade to the EA, so it's only one additional exam to get both.
  • Options
    rterrasirterrasi Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Definitely wrap up your MCSE if you're that close. You'll save an exam when you upgrade to the EA, so it's only one additional exam to get both.

Agreed. Server 2003 is not going away anytime soon
  • Options
    exx1976exx1976 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rterrasi wrote: »
    Agreed. Server 2003 is not going away anytime soon

+1

Server 2003 will be around for a while yet. Plus, as mentioned previously, it's easier to just take the upgrade exam path than it is the full path for EA, and you get the added bonus of having two E-level certs on your resume.
  • Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You know, I recently decided to start doing the certification path. I always reied on exp in the past, and with todays enviroment.. that doesn't work as well.

I am thinking of going back and getting my 2003 MCSE/MCSA. Odd thing is, that with my clients, 2008 and 2000 are more prevelant. Thing is though... it is all about where you are. If you were just starting now, then 2008 would be the way to go. If you are almost done? 2003.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog