Options

Failed CCNA - 1st time

jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, believe it or not, I'm actually proud of the fact I scored a 818 and failed. Now I know what to expect and what I need review on.

Back to the books. I nailed all the layer 2 stuff. Helps i work with 3560's, 4000's and 6509's at work. We only route vlans everything else is handled by another agency.

Thanks for the all the tips!

Comments

• Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    Yea, I failed the RHCE my first (and only) time I took it. I know what to expect, and I'm sure I would destroy it if I took it again, but it's an $800.00 test. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    jeesare wrote: »
    Hey guys, believe it or not, I'm actually proud of the fact I scored a 818 and failed. Now I know what to expect and what I need review on.

Back to the books. I nailed all the layer 2 stuff. Helps i work with 3560's, 4000's and 6509's at work. We only route vlans everything else is handled by another agency.

Thanks for the all the tips!

I felt the same way when I failed the first time (847). You have a good attitude towards it, good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks. It bothers me more that I have to pay an additional $250 for the 2nd time I take it than the fact I failed. I give credit for those guys who passed it for the 1st time with a score above 900!
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Thanks. It bothers me more that I have to pay an additional $250 for the 2nd time I take it than the fact I failed. I give credit for those guys who passed it for the 1st time with a score above 900!

Has the free resit offer expired ?? or is that only for specialiasations?
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Has the free resit offer expired ?? or is that only for specialiasations?

I bought this exam out right, not sure if it will apply to me or not?
  • Options
    I tried the COMEBACK2009 promo but it wouldn't apply because the exam is being scheduled after todays date.
  • Options
    I bought this exam out right, not sure if it will apply to me or not?

well the way I read this :-
    Cisco Come Back 2009 Promotion

I'd say your eligible, either way wont hurt to try icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Has the free resit offer expired ??
    Today is the last day of the promotion -- and they'd have to be taking the free retake by today. With the 5 day waiting period after a failure, the promotion is no longer an option.

All people can do now is hope another promotion comes along sometime soon.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Today is the last day of the promotion -- and they'd have to be taking the free retake by today. With the 5 day waiting period after a failure, the promotion is no longer an option.

cheers mike hadnt seen that
  • Options

Well, I'll sit back and relax hoping there will be another promo by the time I decide to take the exam again. Thanks.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Well, I'll sit back and relax hoping there will be another promo by the time I decide to take the exam again. Thanks.
    I hope you don't turn gray waiting! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    I plan on taking by end of next month if not sooner. I'll br gray waiting for another promo.
    I hope you don't turn gray waiting! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    I plan on taking by end of next month if not sooner. I'll br gray waiting for another promo.

Im in exactly the same situation as you jeesare, i failed the icnd2 exam by 1 mark yesterday. Im hoping a new promo will be out soon.
  • Options
    Waiting for another promotion would still require you to pay for another exam -- and fail it.

The two times Cisco has had promotions they have a start date (where you have to take and fail an exam) and an end date (where you have to register and take the free exam).
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    Waiting for another promotion would still require you to pay for another exam -- and fail it.

The two times Cisco has had promotions they have a start date (where you have to take and fail an exam) and an end date (where you have to register and take the free exam).
    Sad but true...
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232

Yeh thats a very good point actually mike. I think im just going to go ahead and re book i think i have to wait 5 days before rebooking the exam.
  • Options
    cool_fs4ucool_fs4u Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What do you think went wrong?
  • Options
    cool_fs4u wrote: »
    What do you think went wrong?

Who/what are you referring too?
  • Options
    ***Passed 802 Exam on 2nd attempt***

Sat for the 802 Exam and passed it today after work. I feel pretty good after many, many, hours of study and labs.

Study Material
    1. Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide by Todd Lammle (Read 2x)
    2. CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide by Richard Deal
    3. Element K online training w/online Labs
    A. Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1
    B. Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2
    4. CCNA Exam Cram (Third Edition)
    5. CCNA Exam Prep (Second Edition)
    6. 31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam: A Day-by-Day Review Guide by Allan Johnson
    7. Packet Tracer
    8. CCNA Simulator - 640-801 (Older but did the job)
    9. Selftest and Transcender (They're pretty much the same)
    10. 2501 and 2621 Cisco Routers along with 2 x 3560G switches

This is what helped me pass the exam. My advice is, do what makes you comfortable and works for you. What worked for me may not work for you. On to my CCNP, but taking a break for now. Thanks guys for the help. I may not post a lot but I sure do read and learn from you.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ***Passed 802 Exam on 2nd attempt***

Sat for the 802 Exam and passed it today after work. I feel pretty good after many, many, hours of study and labs.

Study Material
    1. Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide by Todd Lammle (Read 2x)
    2. CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide by Richard Deal
    3. Element K online training w/online Labs
    A. Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1
    B. Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2
    4. CCNA Exam Cram (Third Edition)
    5. CCNA Exam Prep (Second Edition)
    6. 31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam: A Day-by-Day Review Guide by Allan Johnson
    7. Packet Tracer
    8. CCNA Simulator - 640-801 (Older but did the job)
    9. Selftest and Transcender (They're pretty much the same)
    10. 2501 and 2621 Cisco Routers along with 2 x 3560G switches

This is what helped me pass the exam. My advice is, do what makes you comfortable and works for you. What worked for me may not work for you. On to my CCNP, but taking a break for now. Thanks guys for the help. I may not post a lot but I sure do read and learn from you.

Awesome. I hope to join you on the 9th. Do you plan to go str8 to the CCNP or are you going to do the CCNA specializations?
  • Options
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze a bit of Celebration drunken_smilie.gif before you get back to the books icon_study.gif
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »
    Awesome. I hope to join you on the 9th. Do you plan to go str8 to the CCNP or are you going to do the CCNA specializations?

Planning on going back to school in January for a A.A.S in Networking then transfer to a Uinversity. CCNA/CCNP is part of the program so, I'll be taking advantage on the CCNP studies. Good luck on your exam, I'm sure you'll do fine. Let us know how you make out.
  • Options
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze a bit of Celebration drunken_smilie.gif before you get back to the books icon_study.gif

Thanks! Oh yea, theres always time for celebration...icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I only told one person at work but many on this board. Not that I'm shy but I don't feel a need to tell everyone or put CCNA behind my name. I rather show my skills then advertise. Do I make any sense?
  • Options
    bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I only told one person at work but many on this board. Not that I'm shy but I don't feel a need to tell everyone or put CCNA behind my name. I rather show my skills then advertise. Do I make any sense?

I would inform your rating supervisor. It is a worthy education objective worth notation for further advancement of your career.

But you're right, bloating is not cool. Luckily if I told any of my pilot buddies about anything I've done, they wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • Options
    bgrablin wrote: »
    I would inform your rating supervisor. It is a worthy education objective worth notation for further advancement of your career.

But you're right, bloating is not cool. Luckily if I told any of my pilot buddies about anything I've done, they wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about.

That is the only person who knows about it. Good point...