Options

3640 Router and Switches for CCNA

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
Everyone now just need some more help with CCNA lab. I have two 2501 Routers Max to memory and 2620xm Max memory and Nam4/s.

I want to get a few switches like two and a 3640 router.
I am not sure what I want in switches and how much I should pay for them off ebay.

I think 2950 Switches will be good?

The 3640 router I like to purchase but what should i be looking to pay for that and what modules will i need beside serial ports. I like to max memory too.
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Everyone now just need some more help with CCNA lab. I have two 2501 Routers Max to memory and 2620xm Max memory and Nam4/s.

I want to get a few switches like two and a 3640 router.
    I am not sure what I want in switches and how much I should pay for them off ebay.

I think 2950 Switches will be good?

The 3640 router I like to purchase but what should i be looking to pay for that and what modules will i need beside serial ports. I like to max memory too.

Check out CiscoKits:

Cisco Certification: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, used Cisco router, Cisco switch, Cisco routers.
  • Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    The 2950's are going for $50-$75 - make sure to get the EI (Enhanced Image)

I haven't looked to much at the 3640's - but I remember reading somewhere that ~$100.00 is a good price.
  • Options
    RTmarc wrote: »

I do not like Cisco Kits. I rather learn on my own what equipment this way can get idea of what I will be working with if I have to order something. They are a little overprice too.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    NM-2E2W would this allow me to connect a dte/dcu cable to other routers on 3640?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thenjduke wrote: »
    NM-2E2W would this allow me to connect a dte/dcu cable to other routers on 3640?
    The NM-2E2W has 2 10Mb Ethernet ports and 2 WIC slots.

You could put something like a WIC-1T or WIC-2T in those WIC slots -- then use the back-to-back cables (with the correct connector for your WIC) that are popular in Labs. One end of those cables will be the DCE end (and you configure the clock rate on that end of the connection) and the other end will be the DTE end.

Remember to double check that the specific hardware (NM/WIC) is supported on your router and IOS version and feature set.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    Also check out Cisco Reseller, T-net Technology, Inc. . Very trust worthy, cheaper than CiscoKits and more organized.