Options

CGF Viewer

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
One of my users has gotten a zip file with some items from a customer in it. One of the files is a CGF file. I did a little searching on the Net and found nothing I trust regarding this extension. Would any of you have any suggestions for a free viewer?

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You've not said what CGF file it is. Far Cry model? Family tree software? Some proprietary macro format? Doubt any of those will be viewable without the original software. Maybe the Far Cry one...
  • Options
    I have no idea.But I thank you for the information as i was completely unfamiliar with the file type. I have now put it back on my user to contact the customer to see what the file should be viewed with. THANKS!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Yeah. Those were the CGF files extensions I could find. It doesn't appear to be any particularly well known file type unless its a typo for a CFG file.

If all else fails, open it up in a text editor that doesn't explode if you load in weird files and see if you can see any text.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CGF files have at least 4 way(s) to be opened. The CGF programs which open CGF files include: Asm Objasm, Egrid32 Grid Format File, Family Tree Creator Deluxe, ProWORX Nxt CODEGEN Batch File

As a log file, the CGF file is used in the Memory Editor to record the user-specified inputs that are used to generate the COE files for a memory. As a specification file, a CGF file can be used to define the data contents of COE files for memory blocks.

Try this link as well with some other info on .cgf files: File extension CGF details - CGF files How To (by File Extension Seeker)
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    Thanks for the info guys! The partner was able to convert it to a PDF for us.