Options

Managing large userbase for disk quotas

Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
We have a userbase with around 70000. It also changes (add/deletes users) almost daily

We have a home folder for everyone but we need to set quotas on them. I can't evn get it through the gui bc of the search limit on ad users how can I automate this or pipe a dsquery into a cli tool to run this at once? Any ideas on this?

Comments

• Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    create a new GPO and browse to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Disk Quotas.
  • Options
    GAngel wrote: »
    create a new GPO and browse to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Disk Quotas.

I've seen that GPO but does it not apply to the server itself? It obviously doesnt apply to users since its a computer config.

Theres nothing in that GPO that lets me choose the specific users that will be in the quota nor a way to split up the amount?
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What version is the O/S on the file servers? If you've got 2003 R2 or 2008 you're in luck.
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I've seen that GPO but does it not apply to the server itself? It obviously doesnt apply to users since its a computer config.

Theres nothing in that GPO that lets me choose the specific users that will be in the quota nor a way to split up the amount?

You apply it to an OU afterwards on a server.

Configuring Disk Quotas in Windows 2003
  • Options
    astorrs wrote: »
    What version is the O/S on the file servers? If you've got 2003 R2 or 2008 you're in luck.

Its 2003 R2 64-bit. :D
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□