Options

CCENT Practice Exams

MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any good websites they go to for CCENT practice exams? I have pretty much exhausted all my resources.

Comments

• Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    MikeO5422 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any good websites they go to for CCENT practice exams? I have pretty much exhausted all my resources.

Hi

A good site for resources is MODERATED . net! all one word obvisouly not sure i could give links out! sorry

Its not free but full of grest info!

Does anyone else on this forum use the site?
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kevin31 wrote: »
    A good site for resources is MODERATED . net! all one word obvisouly not sure i could give links out! sorry
    DO NOT bypass the filters we have in place here at TechExams.net.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry I didnt even realize posting links was against the rules. This makes my post sort of pointless ;).
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    MikeO5422 wrote: »
    Sorry I didnt even realize posting links was against the rules. This makes my post sort of pointless ;).
    Posting links is fine. Its posting links to sites that promote **** or any other dubious activity that isn't okay.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If in doubt, check the site on CertGuard. There is a box you can type in the domain name in.

Most of the major sites are filtered on here to prevent people from posting links to them. No point promoting them or helping their search engine rankings.
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    If in doubt, check the site....
    What's funny is that site's dubious behavior here was SPAMMING -- but Certguard doesn't care about that. That site seems to be one of the few that have paid to advertise or get the CertGuard "Seal of Approval."

Just checked -- CertGuard is now up to 518 sites "In Progress." And new very obvious **** sites and new domain names for existing known **** sites that were spamming us last December and January that I checked there still haven't been checked or updated. icon_rolleyes.gif They've got most of the major popular known **** in their database, but they don't seem to really check out new submitted sites within 72 hours....
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    mikej412 wrote: »
    What's funny is that site's dubious behavior here was SPAMMING -- but Certguard doesn't care about that. That site seems to be one of the few that have paid to advertise or get the CertGuard "Seal of Approval."

Just checked -- CertGuard is now up to 518 sites "In Progress." And new very obvious **** sites and new domain names for existing known **** sites that were spamming us last December and January that I checked there still haven't been checked or updated. icon_rolleyes.gif They've got most of the major popular known **** in their database, but they don't seem to really check out new submitted sites within 72 hours....

Hi Mike

Apologies i didnt mean to post anything i shouldnt of i said in orginal post thats why i typed it that way! So we can post sites just none that have **** on then?

The site I posted does not hold any **** only proper materail!
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    kevin31 wrote: »
    The site I posted does not hold any **** only proper materail!
    Sorry, but we're not going to PAY a SPAMMER to verify whether they are selling ****, cheats, copyright violations, shares, etc.

If you haven't taken the CCENT/CCNA exams yet, I'm not sure how you can be so sure about the material either. There are "Bootcamps" and Training Centers where the Instructors "teach from the ****" and have "high pass rates" for the Certification exams, yet their students don't really know anything except the answers to exam questions.

If you want to spend money on additional CCNA Preparation Material beyond the suggested books, try Chris Bryant's site (thebryantadvantage) or get CBT Nuggets or Train Signal videos. I'm pretty sure Chris has never spammed us -- and CBT Nuggets and TrainSignal advertise here.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Sorry, but we're not going to PAY a SPAMMER to verify whether they are selling ****, cheats, copyright violations, shares, etc.

If you haven't taken the CCENT/CCNA exams yet, I'm not sure how you can be so sure about the material either. There are "Bootcamps" and Training Centers where the Instructors "teach from the ****" and have "high pass rates" for the Certification exams, yet their students don't really know anything except the answers to exam questions.

If you want to spend money on additional CCNA Preparation Material beyond the suggested books, try Chris Bryant's site (thebryantadvantage) or get CBT Nuggets or Train Signal videos. I'm pretty sure Chris has never spammed us -- and CBT Nuggets and TrainSignal advertise here.

Mike,

I agree about the bootcamps that teach from the ****. I've had an instructor (not naming the college) that was a MCT that taught to pass the exam and had a copy of braindumps (I have no clue what company it was from, but they were "exact questions from the exams"). I didn't stay long (still have to pay back the student loan, though), and he didn't stay a MCT for long after that, I believe. At least he wasn't employed there anymore. It's places like that who give certifications less value. I think that by doing my part (and others here) to stop the **** and crap, that we can regain our value with certifications.

Also, Chris Bryant does some awesome work. At times, though, it can get annoying (I memorized his CCIE number from the Trainsignal videos!), but he really goes through the material very well. If you have the cash, he can teach you what you need to know for the exam, as well as knowing what the hell you are doing. I recommend his material all the time.

Thanks for keeping this place a great place without the constant spamming and dumping of the forums. I've dealt with that in other places I've been.

Although, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a sticky with some legitimate companies (free advertising for them) for training materials. Just links and a brief description. I see people asking what to use all the time (and I did as well). It would be a nice list of books, sites, software, etc. that people can use or buy (Amazon affiliate links for revenue for the site, too) for studies. And since it would be done by the site admins, it wouldn't be spammy, and it'd be the only place the links would be allowed. Just a locked sticky.... Just a thought...

Dustin