Options

netstat

up2thetimeup2thetime Member Posts: 154
Hello

I am running netstat in a cmd window, just to get a sense of what is happening with certain connections.

The Foreign Address always says "localhost:[port#]" even after I just loaded a few different websites. On my other computer, it shows the domain name of the sites I am connecting to..

Does anyone know how to change the settings?

Comments

• Options
    ncsugrad2002ncsugrad2002 Member Posts: 131
    up2thetime wrote: »
    Hello

I am running netstat in a cmd window, just to get a sense of what is happening with certain connections.

The Foreign Address always says "localhost:[port#]" even after I just loaded a few different websites. On my other computer, it shows the domain name of the sites I am connecting to..

Does anyone know how to change the settings?

Are you using any sort of proxy or firewall on the computer that is showing localhost on everything? Does it show ONLY localhost for EVERY connection or just a lot of them??
  • Options
    up2thetimeup2thetime Member Posts: 154
    Are you using any sort of proxy or firewall on the computer that is showing localhost on everything? Does it show ONLY localhost for EVERY connection or just a lot of them??

Do have a firewall running.. that's about it.

It shows local host for almost everything. There are a few things at the bottom with an IP address.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Try the -n switch.
  • Options
    ncsugrad2002ncsugrad2002 Member Posts: 131
    up2thetime wrote: »
    Do have a firewall running.. that's about it.

It shows local host for almost everything. There are a few things at the bottom with an IP address.

it's probably routing everything through the firewall and that's what you're seeing. turn the firewall off and see what happens when you try it again.
  • Options
    jhntjhnt Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What kind of router you use? You may reset router in order to reconfigure DHCP.