Prometric proctor hinting at cheating...

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
Just passed the Juniper switching exam today and I have to say that it was surprisingly easy. Although the training class that us resident engineers just went through should of made it easy for just about anybody.

The part that surprised me is what the prometric proctor said after I finished the test....

First a little background. Juniper sent a group of resident engineers to Virginia to have some EX training, we studied the material before hand, went through the training course, and then took the exam. So it's pretty safe to say that we all knew the material very well. Not to mention that we are very familiar with JUNOS and Juniper products in general.

It took me about 45 mins to finish the test so I did get it done fairly quickly and when I was leaving the proctor asked me what our group used for studying. I let him know that we studied the mats before had and just had a training class. He then said, "well you all did really well... did you use any test preps?". I was a little taken back by the question and really only could say no. If I would have expected something like that I would have thought of a more witty reply or it least told the guy where to stick it.

Maybe the guy didn't know that we all worked for Juniper and have high level Juniper certs but it was really insulting to be accused of dumping...icon_twisted.gif
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    45 minutes??? you sure took your time ;)

and i thought telling people were to stick it was you're #1 answer to questions? :)

hehe

i've never gotten that from prometric or pearson before. weird. i've gotten the "boy, that was quick!" (ya ya ya, i know i'm walking into it there), but never any implications of cheating, just super impressed with my mad skillz to make up for the short duration (sigh, i should just shut up) hehe

i guess the way the proctor sees it, a bunch of dudes all come in, do the same test, and all ace it. i would imagine that doesn't happen too often, so it may have confused the procotor or raised suspicions. the proctor doesn't have the background info that you all work for the vendor, studied the material, took the course, and are sporting a pair of jncies ... assuming the proctors even knows what a jncie is and how it compares to a jncia in difficulty, knowledge, experience, etc. he might just be thinking all these punks come in to tag team the exam after sitting around in a circle sharing **** sheets an hour earlier. or who knows.

ya, kinda offsetting and unprofessional.... but whatever. just replay it back in your head, but imagine you remembered to tell him where to stick it :)

and on a more positive note, congrats of course
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Congratulations Aldur.. I am quite surprised that someone would even ask such a question. But as Zoidberg pointed out there are plenty of assumptions the guy could have made.. so the best thing to do is to ace a few more and keep going :)

Anyone of you guys taking the JNCIS-ES class? I hear they have free classes for that offered to Juniper employee's and reseller's
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    But as Zoidberg pointed out there are plenty of assumptions the guy could have made..

Yea, and if that upsets you, I hope you never find out about the assumptions I make of you...

Congratulations on the pass!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

I've yet to get my hands on the Juniper switches. We (we as in my place of employment, not me personally) were testing some out a while back, not really sure what happened with that though...
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Congratulations!

I can sympathise with the proctor though. Next thing you know, athletes will be seeking unfair advantage at the Olympics by practicing.
    -- Dan
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Thanks for the congrats guys :)
    zoidberg wrote: »
    i thought telling people were to stick it was you're #1 answer to questions? :)

I know, I should practice what I preach, next time I'll be ready!
    i guess the way the proctor sees it, a bunch of dudes all come in, do the same test, and all ace it. i would imagine that doesn't happen too often, so it may have confused the procotor or raised suspicions. the proctor doesn't have the background info that you all work for the vendor, studied the material, took the course, and are sporting a pair of jncies ... assuming the proctors even knows what a jncie is and how it compares to a jncia in difficulty, knowledge, experience, etc. he might just be thinking all these punks come in to tag team the exam after sitting around in a circle sharing **** sheets an hour earlier. or who knows.

ya, kinda offsetting and unprofessional.... but whatever. just replay it back in your head, but imagine you remembered to tell him where to stick it :)

and on a more positive note, congrats of course

Yea I can understand his suspicions considering. It's kinda like seeing a bunch of kids coming out of a store with candy bars, little bastards probably stole 'em! ;)
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    Congratulations Aldur.. I am quite surprised that someone would even ask such a question. But as Zoidberg pointed out there are plenty of assumptions the guy could have made.. so the best thing to do is to ace a few more and keep going :)

Anyone of you guys taking the JNCIS-ES class? I hear they have free classes for that offered to Juniper employee's and reseller's

haha very true, I'll just keep tacking on the certs :D

Man I wish I was taking the ES classes. I got an email about some in Sunnyvale going on next week but considering I'll just be getting back from a training class I doubt my boss would let me go icon_sad.gif

The ES track is what I need to study next. Not only for job related stuff but also because there's a pretty substantial rumor about a new JNCIE convering the ES track, would be sweet to be 3x JNCIE and I'm going to so beat zoidberg to the finish on this one :D
    danclarke wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I can sympathise with the proctor though. Next thing you know, athletes will be seeking unfair advantage at the Olympics by practicing.

lol, i know seriously, how dare those people get ahead of the competition through practice and hard work. They should be ashamed! ;)

-Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    I'm going to so beat zoidberg to the finish on this one :D

you're going down punk!

:P
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    dynamik wrote: »
    Yea, and if that upsets you, I hope you never find out about the assumptions I make of you...

I know it hurts you more then it hurts me icon_cry.gif
    you're going down punk!

:P

oh bring it sucka! icon_tongue.gif

-Bender
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    ES could be done on J-Series but I think or remember being told that it won't happen for a year or so. They really do want the other certifications to pick up before they introduce more and also the budget is always the problem..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Gratz on the pass dude, awesome job.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • SumptuousSumptuous Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz M8
    2010 GOALS

MCITP,EA,SACWNACCNP
  • vishalsablevishalsable Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sumptuous wrote: »
    Congratz M8

congrats