Options

Passed 70-680

stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
WOHOO! I passed 70-680 today, not a great score but 828 is above the required 700 :D

The exam is very enterprise heavy in comparison with 70-620. However, its not really that difficult.

Good luck to other takers.

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! However i still maintain you are greedy with your certs :) I think you have enough. :D

Whats next on the hit list?

icon_study.gif
  • Options
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    Congratulations!! However i still maintain you are greedy with your certs :) I think you have enough. :D

Thanks, I am not finished yet icon_wink.gif
    Whats next on the hit list?

Well me and my big mouth set a target of 12 for the year icon_rolleyes.gif, 7 months 7 exams so far.

Next up will be Citrix XenDesktop (its been hanging around way way way too long), it is set-up nicely by the fact I am off to Citrix (UK R&D at Chalfont) on the 5th of August. They are running a XenDesktop Technical Partner training session there. I have the course checked into my e-Learning (we got it at a heavy discount RRP is over $2K icon_wink.gif) so it all fits together nicely.
  • Options
    That sounds excellent, best of luck with that!

1 exam a month eh? theres no way i could do that. I am trying to get this evil 291 out of the way. So far, i have looked at nothing else but dns. I think i am getting somewhere then a transcender practise question appears and stumps me - still a fair way to go, then i have the joys of rras. I think it will take another 2 months to get this one out.

I take it next year you will carry on the same way, or maybe you will have run out of certs to do by then?? :)
  • Options
    1 exam a month eh?

Nope, I took two months out back in Feb and March. I have taken two exams a month for the last two months to catch up icon_rolleyes.gif

I think its fair to say I've got very little more to give right now. I am physically and mentally exhausted. Hopefully the slow up to one each month will seem like a rest icon_wink.gif
    I am trying to get this evil 291 out of the way. So far, i have looked at nothing else but dns. I think i am getting somewhere then a transcender practise question appears and stumps me - still a fair way to go, then i have the joys of rras. I think it will take another 2 months to get this one out.

I am lucky, I only had to contend with 70-292 (that and most of the exam was DNS if I remember correctly, I love DNS) which is not as bad a 70-291. Good luck with the beast, I've heard it can take a couple of attempts to nail it.
    I take it next year you will carry on the same way, or maybe you will have run out of certs to do by then?? :)

Next year, at this rate I'll be lucky to be alive by the end of this year. I am going to take it easy next year. Perhaps 3 exams tops :D
  • Options
    Lucky to be alive.... i'm not surprised after 2 exams per month! :)

congrats again anyway.

I'm looking forward to doing the 680 myself.... charter member stuff! :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations, you greedy bastard! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »

:p You can talk icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »

+1
    stupidboy wrote: »
    :p You can talk icon_wink.gif

+1000000 hehe

Congrats btw stupidboy icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Just realised that I have not really posted that much information.

I used the following resources:

Clinic 10077: What's New in Windows 7 for IT Professionals
    Clinic 10088: What's New in Windows 7 for Information Workers
    Clinic 10125: What's New in Windows 7 for Consumers
    Microsoft Learning Snacks For Windows 7
    All the links in Claymoore's awsome post - http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/42480-71-680-resources.html#post309358
    My laptop running Window 7 RC (it has been running Windows 7 since Beta 1)

Hope this helps someone else on the Windows 7 trail.
  • Options
    It will certainly help me! thanks for that! :)
  • Options
    allegianceallegiance Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    WOHOO! I passed 70-680 today, not a great score but 828 is above the required 700 :D

The exam is very enterprise heavy in comparison with 70-620. However, its not really that difficult.

Good luck to other takers.

Congrats on the pass, I am guessing the temptation for Charter Membership was to much? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    allegiance wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, I am guessing the temptation for Charter Membership was to much? icon_lol.gif

The temptation was way too much. I have almost burnt my self out doing this, but the Charter Member numbs the pain oh so slightly icon_wink.gif

Thanks for your pointers, I've added some additional study material that I found.