Options

Did cisco phase out isdn?

makenocentmakenocent Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm hearing some people tell me to not bother studying it because they never even saw isdn questions when they took the test.

Is ISDN gone from the test?

Comments

• Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    makenocent wrote: »
    I'm hearing some people tell me to not bother studying it because they never even saw isdn questions when they took the test.

Yep, although it may still be relevant in the real world.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    makenocent wrote: »

Pretty much gone from the tests and this is where Cisco certifications choke. They teach you things that go hand in glove with selling product. Latter day CCNA/CCNP and even CCIE's will struggle with ISDN. There is plenty of ISDN in the field, for backup and for dialup to provide support of remote devices. I would advise anyone to learn ISDN.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Turgon wrote: »
    Latter day CCNA/CCNP and even CCIE's will struggle with ISDN. There is plenty of ISDN in the field, for backup and for dialup to provide support of remote devices. I would advise anyone to learn ISDN.

Add in the fact if you go down the CCVP route you will need to learn ISDN for that too icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)