Options

Mcsa 2003 > mcse 2003

Hi everyone, I want to upgrade my SA to an SE. I am just nervous about choosing the exams, and don't want to make a mistake. Currently I have an MCSA, and got it through the following exams:

70-270
70-290
70-291
CompTIA Security+

I think that I can take the following and receive the SE:

70-293
70-294
70-297

Is that correct? Will that mean that I have an MCSE +S??

Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That will get you an MCSE. However, you'll need to do 298 instead of 297 and add on 299 if you want the MCSE:S.
  • Options
    rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    I would also suggest the 70-298 instead of the 297. The 298 is supposidly easier than the 297.
  • Options
    Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    rwwest7 wrote: »
    I would also suggest the 70-298 instead of the 297. The 298 is supposidly easier than the 297.

Agreed! 297 built on Active Directory (which as a future Exchange admin I should have totally done this, regardless of how difficult it seemed) and 298 was much easier for me to interpret.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would go to CompTIA's site and get your security+ transferred over to MS, it can take some time to do this.
  • Options
    nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    Thanks for your responses. I might stick with the AD elective, I think it would be more useful for me. It can't be that bad can it? (Famous last.....)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nevolved wrote: »
    Thanks for your responses. I might stick with the AD elective, I think it would be more useful for me. It can't be that bad can it? (Famous last.....)

I wouldn't think so if you know what you're doing. The complaint that I've heard is that the latter questions are dependent on the earlier ones, so if you screw up one of those, you'll get the subsequent ones wrong.