Options

QoS - passed

wooohooo just got back from test centre and pleased to say I passed this. Score was reflected much higher than I expected. I feel like I'm only just starting to understand it

Materials used :-
CBT's
Cisco QOS: Exam Certification Guide by Odom
and lab..... lab..... lab

felt the lab side of this was ok, but the theory kept confusing me, till I put some effort in to actually understand it and not just skim read it. Guess that always helps lol

so next up hmmm well the priority is CISSP in 3 months so all efforts are going into that although I'm considering CCNA-security along the way, purely as I've got a fair bit of experience in this area.
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz, and good luck on the CISSP
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! I found the theory to be pretty brutal to learn too. Much easier to actually implement best practices but pointless if you don’t understand why. Guess it’s a necessary evil :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with the CISSP and CCNA:Security icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    cheers guys icon_smile.gif

pitviper wrote: »
    Congrats! I found the theory to be pretty brutal to learn too. Much easier to actually implement best practices but pointless if you don’t understand why. Guess it’s a necessary evil :)

Yep I'd totally agree with that statement, exactly how I feel about it icon_smile.gif lets just say I'm glad the exam is out the way, but I'm looking forward to learning more about the theory.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

I also echo the feelings on QoS. So much more theory behind it than most topics.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.