A+ In New Jersey?

RocinhaRocinha Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sup all,

I did a research on Google and I did not find any place to take a A+ Course in NJ. O_o

I am certified Computer Technician from a private company. They said is the same exactly course of A+. Even tho, I would like to get now the A+ certification (after 3 years)

Does anybody have any ideas to search a good place to take it?
How much does it cost?

Thanks for your time peeps :)

Comments

• BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Save your money. Buy a couple of the A+ study guides and do it yourself. If you already have experience, then the books will be easier for you than wasting money on a class somewhere.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Save your money. Buy a couple of the A+ study guides and do it yourself. If you already have experience, then the books will be easier for you than wasting money on a class somewhere.

icon_cheers.gif

I don't completely understand what you are stating here:
    I am certified Computer Technician from a private company. They said is the same exactly course of A+. Even tho, I would like to get now the A+ certification (after 3 years)

However, there is no good reason to take a 'class' for A+.

Get the Meyers and Sybex books, you've stated you have experience, download the objectives and set an exam date.

It really shouldn't be a problem to pass these exams to become A+ Certified.

Though based on your statement highlighted above...you are already 'certified"?? So why are you re-testing? Or if that is not what you are stating, what makes you 'certified' and in what discipline?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • RocinhaRocinha Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I have already been certified a computer tech.
    I now would like to take the test for A+. Where do I take the test and how much the fee usually costs?

Thank you
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Computer-Based Testing Provider for Certification and Licensure Exams: Pearson VUE
    Prometric Services: Testing and Assessment

Use one of the websites above to find the closest testing center.

There are 2 tests required to gain A+ certification each costs $125.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    aordal wrote: »

There are 2 tests required to gain A+ certification each costs $125.

Try $168 for exams in NJ, USA
    http://www.register.prometric.com/Exam.asp

$125 is typically the MS price
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • RocinhaRocinha Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I couldn't locate A+ ....

Also, do I pay online and take the test online? im sorry im a noobie icon_sad.gif

CompTIA A+?

edit

thank you guys for the support. ive found locations near me. thx