CME install

PenfoldPenfold Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all

I've started studying for my CCNA Voice and have just purchased a 2820 router from ebay which says it comes with CME 4.0. How can I verify CME is pre-installed and also for those of us not fortunate enough to have access to Cisco Voip equipment at work (I'm sure I'm not the only one out there) how are you managing to get the software if I need it.

Cheers

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    show telephony-service all i believe will show you the version of CME you have installed. As far as software, you'll have to either work with you got, or have a cisco TAC account, or have a CCO account. These are the only legal ways to receive updated software for your particular device. If you are purchasing the device refurb'd, then I suggest you have the seller verify the version of IOS the router is running and the version of CME. HTH.

V/r

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do you know which IOS it's running? - You can also tell from the IOS version/name if the IP telephony feature set is available and if so, which version of CME (It’s part of the IOS).
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Penfold wrote: »
    I've started studying for my CCNA Voice and have just purchased a 2820 router from ebay which says it comes with CME 4.0.
    There isn't a 2820 in the 2800 range. You've got a 2620, 2620XM or a 2821. If this router was really expensive then its probably a 2821.
  • PenfoldPenfold Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    There isn't a 2820 in the 2800 range. You've got a 2620, 2620XM or a 2821. If this router was really expensive then its probably a 2821.

sorry my mistake it's a 2620XM, after typing in 'show telephony-service all' CME is coming up with ver 3.3 so I'm going to query this with the seller.