Options

Strange Characters

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am getting some stranger characters with TeraTerm and the com port card I got. I am getting like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee when router boots this is for all routers and switches. I messed with the baud rate and stop bits and all on tera term but I have no clue now.
The com card I bought is MosChip.
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• Options
    behbeh Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know you mentioned that you messed with the baud rate, but this can happen when the baud rate is incorrectly set. Have you tried 9600?
  • Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I am getting some stranger characters with TeraTerm and the com port card I got. I am getting like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee when router boots this is for all routers and switches. I messed with the baud rate and stop bits and all on tera term but I have no clue now.
    The com card I bought is MosChip.

The "Eeeeeeeeeee" is your router screaming for help. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    yes tried 9600.... it has to be com port because i use usb adapter it works fine.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    Try Putty it's pretty easy to use, and it can do a lot of different things if you want it to.
  • Options
    jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would see the "eeeeee" when erasing, anyhow, try putty just like jbrad mentioned. Its what I usually use for my cisco and brocade switches
  • Options
    I will give putty a try tonight. I used putty in the past for ssh into linux console.