Options

Citrix Setup

thehoopsthehoops Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to setup a Citrix environment to replicate of sorts what we have in my workplace.

I've got a laptop I can use - so if I stick XP on it. What do i need to download.

I presumably need the desktop client and perhaps the presentation suite? I basically want to get it up and running and perhaps load some simple software up then access via citrix.

I wont be able to touch the production environment - not that I want to anyway. I intend on taking a course and working towards my CCA.

Any help appreciated. I just want to have a play, and I also want to have experience of breaking it then fixing it!

Comments

• Options
    JimMoyleJimMoyle Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can now set up Citrix Farms in the cloud unbelievably cheaply using Amazon EC2. Use the following site for all your needs:

Citrix C3 Lab in Amazon EC2 Enables the Cloud to Save You Time and Money Now - Chris Fleck - Citrix Community

DO watch the videos on getting started etc it'll help loads.

Cheers

Jim
  • Options
    reggie_dalinareggie_dalina Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thehoops wrote: »
    I would like to setup a Citrix environment to replicate of sorts what we have in my workplace.

I've got a laptop I can use - so if I stick XP on it. What do i need to download.

I presumably need the desktop client and perhaps the presentation suite? I basically want to get it up and running and perhaps load some simple software up then access via citrix.

I wont be able to touch the production environment - not that I want to anyway. I intend on taking a course and working towards my CCA.

Any help appreciated. I just want to have a play, and I also want to have experience of breaking it then fixing it!

If the operating system of your lap top is windows XP try, installing VMware (at least the workstation version take the latest I think it is 6.xxxx). From there you can make virtual machines like windows 2003 and install citrix on top of that w2k3. Make sure that your lap to have enough processing power and memory. This is actually what I do to simulate things before moving to live environment and it is very helpful. In this way you can even add clients in the form of VMs. Goodluck