Options

cisco requires some permit to sit an exam?

trackittrackit Member Posts: 224
well... i had scheduled my ICND1 exam at testcenter for today 10AM. so.... at 9:30 AM, while i was allready almost at testcenter i received a phonecall. The lady from the testcenter said that unfortuantely she is not able to schedule my exam, cause beginning with august this year cisco requires some permit to schedule an exam and that i have to register somewhere or something like that...

i was like, what the efff... couldnt she told me that earlier?? i took the day off from work, was all psyched up and ready to take an exam and now i am told that i have to go back home with nothing...

Anyway... does anybody know what she was talking about and where do i have to register???

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco Testing with Pearson VUE
    It looks like you can still book through the test center in the US....

Check the Cisco Exam Registration Information page to see if they have any added information non-US/Canada exams.
    About Registering for Exams - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

It could be something as simple as having to create a VUE account first or register for your first Cisco exam directly with VUE so you have a record in the system.

On test day you usually need to show up with 2 forms of ID (one which has a picture).

Other than the last security changes which added taking a picture of you on exam day and an electronic signature, I haven't heard of anything new being added to the test taking requirements.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    you may be right... i will try to create VUE online account myself... will see if that helps.

so i guess my first attempt will be postponed until next week or something.
  • Options
    so, i created myself an online account on Paerson VUE homepage, scheduled an exam with no problems (even got it cheaper that way... my testcenter asked more for this exam, i dont know if this was their greed or some double VAT thing (i live outside US))... anyway, i sat for the ICND1 today and smashed it to pieces, it didnt had a chance, :) my "preliminary" score was 972.

Now on to ICND2 and in the meanwhile i hope my result will be confirmed by cisco :)
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    trackit congrads on the pass.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    Something sounds fishy about wherever you went through. Glad to hear you passed. Make sure you create your appointments through Vue from now on.

The testing center you planned to go through didn't explain the process to you maybe? Were they trying to charge you to proctor the exam for you? I'd be slightly concerned about this, but it could have just been a misunderstanding.
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info
  • Options
    i dunno... when i did my Microsoft exams then i just e-mailed the testcenter and booked the exam. They, as authrorized test center for Prometric dealt with Prometric themselves.
    I thought that with cisco exams its the same, but as i understand Pearson VUE didnt let them book the exam for me (although they are authorized test center for Pearson VUE also) and i had to create an account myself.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unsure about what your testing center was doing... but CONGRATS on the pass! Great score BTW!

V/r

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    PERMIT?

Hey! It was not even a pebble on your road. 972! It didn't even slow you down!

Best Congrats to you for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    trackit wrote: »
    smashed it
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!