Options

Outlook is grim!!!

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi Guys

Can anyone from UK please tell me if your also having difficulty finding a contract, not that perm jobs dont suit me its the quick turn around in when you actually start your first day thats all

Been looking now for 3 weeks and only applied for 4 positions and not yet had 1 single interview

also..do you like what i dont with the title, you all thought i was talking about MS Outlook, lol, oh ok then not that funny

Lee H

Comments

• Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Lee H wrote:
    also..do you like what i dont with the title, you all thought i was talking about MS Outlook, lol, oh ok then not that funny

To my surprise, this is not about Outlook 2010.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Lee H wrote: »
    Been looking now for 3 weeks and only applied for 4 positions and not yet had 1 single interview
    Apply for more things...
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    Apply for more things...

You mean apply for any "air traffic controller" positions, lol
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You mean apply for any "air traffic controller" positions, lol
    4 apps over 3 weeks isn't a particularly high number. You need to push your CV out to all the various slavedriver aka recruitment agencies as well.
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    4 apps over 3 weeks isn't a particularly high number. You need to push your CV out to all the various slavedriver aka recruitment agencies as well.

Its with a few agencies, problem is there are no vacancies, summer weeks when a lot of staff are on holiday means very little going on in the contract world, well thats what i see anyway hence this post
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That seems really low. I'm not in the UK but here, when I have looked for work I recall sending out 5-10 apps a day. That was in January/February this year.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Hi Guys

Can anyone from UK please tell me if your also having difficulty finding a contract ...

Lee H

Not sure where you live in the UK but try here.

Windows: Find network Jobs in uk with jobserve.com

Feel free to refine your search.

Good tip when I was contracting was to look at the sort of jobs you like in your area and see which agencies are posting them and then go to those agencies directly. You can bet they have more than they posted on this site for those agents they have on their books. As long as you do well and get good feedback from the clients, you will get a steady stream of gigs.

In a recession, it may be an idea to branch out into other streams of IT that you would previously never have thought of if needs must.
    Kam.
  • Options
    tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    It's grim everywhere I'm afraid mate. I've been keeping my eye on things, both perm and contract. It look like there are currently about a third of the job postings that there were this time last year so it's going to be tough.