Comments

• Options
    P.SandwijkP.Sandwijk Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanx for the information and configuration capture :D

I will try it out
  • Options
    qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    @hoogen2

thankss for that sample, I've been wondering how i could put my j2300's into my cisco lab :D
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    pimlico wrote: »
    Which multicast meets the above requirements? DVMRP or Anycast RP? If Anycast RP do you use MSDP or not? I assume that other non-RP routers would use a static RP pointing to the anycast
    IP?

The goal I had in mind was to use Anycast RPs without MSDP. And yup, the non RP routers can use a static RP pointing towards the Anycast IP.

Technically you could use MSDP to accomplish this task, but it would involve considerably more work.
    pimlico wrote: »
    Also wouldn't PIM-DM work as well? It doesn't use BSR or auto-rp and would survive a failure in the network.

Good thinking about using PIM-DM in this scenario. Technically this would work as well, albeit not what I was going for, it'd definitely work. :)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    hoand37hoand37 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, there's no JNCIE-ER, only JNCIE-ENT (Enterprise Routing & Switching). Correct me if I'm wrong
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    @hoand37

Yes, you are correct that this is no longer a JNCIE-ER, but when the last post happened here, June 2011 the JNCIE-ER was alive and well. But for that reason I'll unsticky this thread. :)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender