Options

eMeS' Free Giveaway (Or Trade) Thread

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
I chose not to post this in the "For Sale" thread because these items are not "For Sale". Mods, if it needs to go elsewhere please let me know.

I've just completed some major upgrades and have lots of things that I'm selling/giving away.

This is the first giveway or possibly trade post.

I have the following to give free of charge:

2x Black 2U Cases with Power Supply - Details at Newegg.com - Athena Power RM-2U2015LVBX60 Black 2U Rackmount Server Case W/ EPS-12V 600W Dual Fan power supply 1 External 5.25" Drive Bays - Server Chassis Power supplies were working when these were last used, which was about a month ago.

1x Skeletek 12U Rack - Details at Dantrak Net *- New and Used Networking Equipment and Peripherals. Skeletek Racks and Accessories.

The rules:

1 - Contact me via PM if interested.
2 - 1 Item per person.
3 - If you want any of these items, you'll have to prepay all shipping costs to me through PayPal.
4 - Preference will be given to those that are well-known and active on the board. If you just registered recently, it's unlikely that I'll give one of these to you.
5 - All items are As-Is, no warranty or guarantee is implied.
6 - I'd really prefer to not mess with shipping these items internationally.

If someone would like all 3 of these items, I am happy to do that as well, but only in trade for a reasonably sized *working* SATA II hard disk.

I will collect responses for the next week, and then make a decision about who shall receive these items.

MS

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Nice one Emes. /hats off to you
    Kam.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    katakatakkatakatak Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    The 2U cases have been claimed in trade for a disk drive.

I still have the rack, and would like to wait a few more days for responses to come in. I haven't decided yet, but I might take everyone's name that PM's me and put them in a hat and just randomly select someone....seems fair.

MS
  • Options
    The PM's have slowed, so I'm going to give this 24 more hours and then randomly choose the recipient of the rack. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

MS
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    The PM's have slowed, so I'm going to give this 24 more hours and then randomly choose the recipient of the rack. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

MS

i'm still interested do I need to send you another oneicon_lol.gif ?
  • Options
    Posting a quick error correction.

The rack is actually a 10U Skeletek. I was just in my garage and happened to look at it, and thought I might have list it wrong here.

In any event, it's still free, but it's going to be 2U less....

Also, a bit humorous addition to this...when I was taking the 2U chassis to be mailed I put them in my wife's car. Those things are pretty big and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. The first corner that I turned, they shifted, and destroyed the driver's side rear window.

She didn't find it as funny as I did...

MS
  • Options
    SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    eMeS wrote: »
    Posting a quick error correction.

The rack is actually a 10U Skeletek. I was just in my garage and happened to look at it, and thought I might have list it wrong here.

In any event, it's still free, but it's going to be 2U less....

Also, a bit humorous addition to this...when I was taking the 2U chassis to be mailed I put them in my wife's car. Those things are pretty big and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. The first corner that I turned, they shifted, and destroyed the driver's side rear window.

She didn't find it as funny as I did...

MS

So you are now selling the rack that is left for the cost of a drivers side window for the wife's car? ;)
  • Options
    Silentsoul wrote: »
    So you are now selling the rack that is left for the cost of a drivers side window for the wife's car? ;)

No, that's just going to come out of my pocket.

I chalk it up to the whole no good deed going unpunished thing....

MS