Options

Learning Netscreen

StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
We use Netscreen firewalls at work and I am trying to pick up on them. I have found 2 books related to the subject. Does anyone have any personal experience with either?

Amazon.com: Configuring NetScreen Firewalls (079250266399icon_cool.gif: Rob Cameron: Books
Amazon.com: Configuring Juniper Networks NetScreen & SSG Firewalls (9781597491181): Rob Cameron, Chris Cantrell, Anne Hemni, Lisa Lorenzin: Books

They both have the same author and the contents seem very similar.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Second book looks like an updated version of the first book. The second book adds portions regarding SSGs and has a publish date of 2007 whilst the first one only covers NetScreens and was published in 2004.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would recommend if you have acccess to j-partnership to hook yourself up with a login ASAP and download all of the juniper firewall documentation pages. Its numbered from like 0-14 and covers most of the fundamentals you will need to pick this stuff up.

What models of netscreen do you use at work?
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    RazielRaziel Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I play ScreenOS since version 1.6 to 6.x. The administration guide is one of the best material to learn ScreenOS. 14 chapters, tons of topology and configuration examples with detail explainations. Pick up the chapter you need most to start. Go through it from cover to cover with hands on practice, you will be a pro of ScreenOS.