Options

Trouble Accessing the CompTIA Certs

13»

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Norbie wrote: »
    I passed the second part of my A+ on August 22nd and still don't have my certificate yet icon_sad.gif
    CompTIA didn't start sending out certs for folks who passed after the outage until the 2nd week of September, so you should be seeing your cert in a week or two.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    skrpune wrote: »
    CompTIA didn't start sending out certs for folks who passed after the outage until the 2nd week of September, so you should be seeing your cert in a week or two.

It would have been nice if they put that on the site. I've been waiting for my cert papers for over a month!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It would have been nice if they put that on the site. I've been waiting for my cert papers for over a month!

Well, you do have your test results from the test center correct?

You can use that to prove your status while waiting if necessary.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Well, you do have your test results from the test center correct?

You can use that to prove your status while waiting if necessary.

Yea I know and that's that I've been telling people this whole time.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    NorbieNorbie Member Posts: 105

I don't believe that anymore. My cynical side has won.

I wait 5 days to log into the site like the print out said and the site is down. I wait 4-6 weeks like their website says and I get told that the six weeks starts with when they started sending these fulfillment kits out on September 2nd and that I had to fill out the fulfillment kit information and send that back to them. God knows how long it will take for them to get my information (which I haven't provided them before), process it and mail me my certificate. Now you're saying it's the second week of September is when the clock started.

I give up.
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Don't this resemble the incident T-Mobile has with their Danger Sidekick customers? :D

T-Mobile Sidekick Out(r)age: Your Data's Probably Gone Forever - t-mobile sidekick - Gizmodo
  • Options
    lightning2lightning2 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have passed my network + at the end of July, since then it's been more than 10 weeks , i still have not received any things from them yet, I called them 2 weeks ago, all they say is you'll get it in next 2 to 4 weeks or maybe sooner. I thought I am going to get my security+ in next, but forget it, i am not going to play their games any more.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    lightning2 wrote: »
    I have passed my network + at the end of July, since then it's been more than 10 weeks , i still have not received any things from them yet, I called them 2 weeks ago, all they say is you'll get it in next 2 to 4 weeks or maybe sooner. I thought I am going to get my security+ in next, but forget it, i am not going to play their games any more.
    I don't remember when the outage started, but if you passed your exam before the outage and didn't go online to request your cert, then you might have to wait until the site is up again. I'm not positive, but I think I remember reading that in one of the email responses someone got from CompTIA...
    icon_sad.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    I don't remember when the outage started, but if you passed your exam before the outage and didn't go online to request your cert, then you might have to wait until the site is up again. I'm not positive, but I think I remember reading that in one of the email responses someone got from CompTIA...
    icon_sad.gif

I believe the outage started August 7th.
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CompTIA website is now up....
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    About time. I guess all those emails to them helped. :D
  • Options
    Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gifFinally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!icon_cheers.gif

The careerid website is backup and running! I just logged on and all seems well.
  • Options
    I have now waited 8 weeks to get my A+ certificate. I called today. The woman who I talked to said my A+ and Network+ certificates arrived at the processing center today (?????) and I will get my certificate in 4-6 weeks.

Got to love that customer service.
  • Options
    Comp_ JunkieComp_ Junkie Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i can confirm CompTIA's website is back up and running.. had to reregister though icon_cry.gif but I Then had to restructure My Demographic info and profile.. and resubmit my MCP transcript for the Merge... But The good thing is That you are able to Publish other credentials from the website directly as Opposed to emailing CompTIA which could be a longer process..I also Just Got my MCP Credentials Published Yesterday.. after taking and passing the 70-290 exam on Sept..... was told from MS that this is effecting all canidates that Just Passed the 70-290 exam....The Digital certificate sint all that attracting and winded up ordering one... But I am glad to see my Credentials published... tome thats all that matter... Many of us study really hard and long for these exams...
    A+/Core & Tech OS Passed Security+ Passed Network+ Passed CNST Passed MCP Passed MCSA-2003/Security In The workz CEH Soon
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The good thing is That you are able to Publish other credentials from the website directly as Opposed to emailing CompTIA which could be a longer process..I also Just Got my MCP Credentials Published Yesterday.

How exactly do you publish your Microsoft stuff to Comptia or Comptia to Microsoft?

Thanks
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The good thing is That you are able to Publish other credentials from the website directly as Opposed to emailing CompTIA which could be a longer process..I also Just Got my MCP Credentials Published Yesterday.

How exactly do you publish your Microsoft stuff to Comptia or Comptia to Microsoft?

Thanks

Now that their "certification tracker" website is back up, where can I print out my certification? Also, where do you get your "card"(s) from?
    Next up: OSCP
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They still mail you your cert and cards as far as I have seen
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lol comptia just sent me another certificate last week. I guess their mailing list must have messed up.
  • Options

Thanks

Sign into the CompTIA career id site. Go to the Transcripts option. Go to the create new transcript option. Look for the Remarks field. Input your MCP number into that.
  • Options
    I passed the final part of my A+ on August 22nd. It is now November 4th. I still do not have my certificate. Nor do I have the Network+ certificate which I passed on September 26th.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Norbie wrote: »
    I passed the final part of my A+ on August 22nd. It is now November 4th. I still do not have my certificate. Nor do I have the Network+ certificate which I passed on September 26th.

Were you given your CompTIA ID? I was curious if you've been able to log in and view your progress (A+. Network+). I would call and ask for a manager or someoenabove the person answering the phone.

I ended up getting my Security+ Cert mailed to me twice.
  • Options
    Were you given your CompTIA ID? I was curious if you've been able to log in and view your progress (A+. Network+). I would call and ask for a manager or someoenabove the person answering the phone.

I ended up getting my Security+ Cert mailed to me twice.

Yes. I think the printout from the testing center gives you the ID. I checked on the website the day it came back up. It now says my A+ cert was queued on October 15th, sent on October 19th and completed on October 28th. I called Comptia today. They said the completion means when it was mailed to me. They now say THAT is when the 4-6 weeks starts.

The day after the website came back up I called Comptia. I spoke to a supposed manager then (probably just a glorified call center employee). She told me that they started sending out the certificates on September 11th 2009. That after 4-6 weeks starting from that point of September 11th I would get my certificate.

The website originally told me I would get the certificate 4-6 weeks after passing my exam.

All they ever do is lie, lie and lie. I HATE CompTIA. I hope they go out of business.
  • Options
    matt160matt160 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    apena7 wrote: »
    I guess that's what happens when you hire a CIO that majored in Political Science.... What does he think this is, a government job!? To quote a line from Ghostbusters, "I've worked in the private sector. They expect results" ;)

I wonder if he came over from the gov, all army admins have to take the Security plus. Follow the money trail...

Took exam in July 2009 and still nothing but excuses.