Options

Book Suggestion?

ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I accepted a part-time job as an Assistant Network Tech. Since networking is the field I want to focus on for awhile anyways I figured I would put my MCSA on hold and focus on other certs. My adjusted goal is:

Net+>>Security+>>CCENT/CCNA + Experience >> CCNP

My question to everyone is what book would you suggest that does not break the bank? I am torn between the Myers, Exam Cram, and the Comptia Net+. Anyone feel one book helped more than another or are they pretty close to the same?

I have taken a couple classes in Networking so the material is not new to me, I just need to fill in any gaps. This reason is making me lean towards Exam Cram.

Also, should I worry about the difference between 2007 & 2009 objectives?
WIP: CCNA

Comments

• Options
    tlipurtlipur Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just finished reading McGraw.Hill.CompTIA.Network.+Certification.Study.Guide.4thN10-004...

Its not dry like the sybex book im reading for the security + exam..
  • Options
    hackenhacken Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is a great book and it reads better than most exam crams I have purchased in the past.....The only disadvantage is I paid 40 bucks and it comes with a electronic book in a .pdf file on the cd ..........but other than that it took 72 hours to read and the only things that are new are wireless networks and fiber optic networking terms and some new virus security.