Options

Is it possible to prepare for the CCNA in a month?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I gone be real with you, IMO hell no.. that cert is so dense to the point of becoming overwhelmed..Its better to take your time and not rush.. All in due time.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what really sucks really is CCNA is the tip of the iceberg! Cisco Engineering is HUGE and CCNA really is only the tip. A BIG tip but only a TIP nonetheless! And He has 3/4 of the network academy done. If he only puts the hours in take a break here and there to let your mind absorb the material and then repeat, it will just come to you...it can be done...Now if he had no network academy or anything, I would say a big NO it cant be done but I have proven wrong before...I have met some people that just can do it, but they have a photo memor and can remember anything. It is sick. I have to admit it..haaha but this guy can do it. You have nothing to lose so get cracking on the hours and pace yourself and then repeat.
    I would say make some kind of system where you cover the entire main material in like 3 days and repeat it like 10 times. What I did was make my own labs up and combined many of the topics into one lab that way I had many things covered and just repeated the concepts and skills..just like you would do on the job. On the job you dont follow chapters you mix and match. Do the same with studying once you master the basics mix and match topics and skillls just like a job would require and I bet it sticks in your brain better ;)
    Just do it! Plan it out but do it!
    go to this site and do it 30 minutes a day
    subnettingquestions.com
    it gets old but you can do it in your sleep after that and that helps with confidence on the exam...
  • Options
    curtisdaleycurtisdaley Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lol can't wait man to go should be so good!
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Im going to give this a go with about 2 months of study time. I hate to rush. However, thats how long i will have a break between this semester and my summer semester at grad school to start. So i am hoping to get this under my belt in 2 months time. I have an ok foundation of networking knowledge and am pretty good at test taking(passed the MCSE and CISSP first try). So i am hoping i can do the same here.
  • Options
    TeslTesl Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im going to give this a go with about 2 months of study time. I hate to rush. However, thats how long i will have a break between this semester and my summer semester at grad school to start. So i am hoping to get this under my belt in 2 months time. I have an ok foundation of networking knowledge and am pretty good at test taking(passed the MCSE and CISSP first try). So i am hoping i can do the same here.

Shame this topic is nearly 3 years old but anyway

If you have a decent foundation of networking knowledge I don't think it should be that tough. I first passed the CCNA some five years ago or so, and I don't think I studied for much more than a couple of months (although I'd passed Network+ a couple of years before that too). I didn't do any networking after that and allowed my CCNA to expire, and I recertified it last month with little more than a months study. I am a programmer and general computer nerd though - if that applies to you too then its not impossible to do in that timeframe.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I completed my CCNA with less than two weeks of study the first time. I had zero hands-on experience then. I completed my CCNA with three days of study the second time. I have tons of hands-on experience now. I would say, of course! Even without the Networking Academy. It's totally possible if you have the technical aptitude and invest enough time into it.

It's an entry-level exam. It's not a super-difficult, almost unsurmountable barrier. :)

(You should plan to practice on sims or real-life devices.)
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't see how dumping the CCNA would necessairly net a 'pass'. They change the numbers frequently and there are many CLI simulators not to mention subnetting/VLSM. It'd be really difficult to **** it and win. That's how I felt after taking the icnd1 anyway.

To the OP, real gear makes it 10x more fun/interesting (IMHO). Good luck and use Boson :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I completed my CCNA with less than two weeks of study the first time. I had zero hands-on experience then. I completed my CCNA with three days of study the second time. I have tons of hands-on experience now. I would say, of course! Even without the Networking Academy. It's totally possible if you have the technical aptitude and invest enough time into it.

It's an entry-level exam. It's not a super-difficult, almost unsurmountable barrier. :)

(You should plan to practice on sims or real-life devices.)
    Make sense to me, all depends on what you know and how you study. One friend of mine did nothing but watch cbt nuggets and lab for a month and used transcender for about a week I think and passed. He had about 4 routers and 4 switches though.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Doh, this thread is hella old. I didn't even notice icon_cool.gif
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    network veteran, I got you beat, I took the CCNA exam after only 3 days of study and NO hands on experience! while I was eating twinkies and watching football inbetween me listening to I am a genius tapes. But yeah I got you beat only 3 days since I have superior techniques to study CCNA. I mean no hands on experience just reading a text book did it for me....
  • Options
    angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i miss mike posts
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • Options
    StidrvrStidrvr Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is "illegal material"?