Xyplex

nutech444nutech444 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am looking into buying a access server for my lab, Looks like Xyplex servers are a lot cheaper, is there anything I should be aware of, is it easy to configure let me know.
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    no one will be able to help you when you cant configure it. with cisco you will find lots of help. other than that a lot of times cisco is just more money. this entire post is just a series of generalizations but its how i feel.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nutech444 wrote: »
    I am looking into buying a access server for my lab, Looks like Xyplex servers are a lot cheaper, is there anything I should be aware of, is it easy to configure let me know.
    Thanks for your help.

I have had a xyplex term server in my home lab since 2003. Scott Morris sent it to me from the States in return for a cheque. At the time they were way cheaper to buy than Cisco Term servers. You will need a T.FTP server running on your PC if the device has no flash card. There is a user guide on the web and you should be able to obtain the image you need to load using T.FTP on the web as well. Do some searches on xyplex setup and see what you can find. The commands to configure it are tricky but this then stays in nvram. Expect to spend a fair amount of time just getting it woring. But once you get the hang of it works just fine.