VWIC (2?) MFT to Trunk to Avaya DS1 PRI Card

CCVP's,

I had the idea the other day that it would be fun to trunk my CME (2610XM) to an Avaya Definity switch using a spare DS1 T1 PRI card on the Avaya (TN747 I believe). I have been reading about HDV, PVDMs, VWIC and VWIC2's...and now I'm wondering what I need on the Cisco side of things.

#1. Is a VWIC MFT T1 what I want? I only need 1 port. Or do I want a VWIC2?

#2. I'm assuming a T1 crossover cable is what I need to go from the CME router to the Avaya. Does anyone have any ideas on that?

#3. I have a variety of SIP phones laying around...will they connect to CME 4.1 on the 2610XM? I also have several 7960's but they are being used for another project.

#4. VG200's and MC3810's seem to be going really cheap. I know these are old but would they have any benefit to this project?

This is all just experimental stuff, so no big deal if I can't figure this out. I'd feel really smart if I could though!

Thanks so much...if anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate it.
HT

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You can do it – I basically did the same thing with a VWIC-1MFT-T1 card and an old (crappy) NEC PBX that had a PRI card in it. In my case I just needed to send 4 digits over the PRI link and the PBX didn’t know any better.

You’ll either need to use a router that has native DSP support, or you’ll need to equip the 2610XM with a VWIC-1MFT-T1 (or E1, depending on what’s on the other side) AND either an AIM-VOICE-30, OR NM-HDV. Neither of which are real cheap.

You’ll also need a T-1 cross over cable but a quick search on the forum will give you more than enough info on that as well as pinouts.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT