Options

Passed.....

dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
Well I passed the VCP-310 exam today with 86/100. icon_thumright.gif

Exam was fairly straight forward, questions are straight to the point "What is this/why doesnt this work etc..." (I wish MS wrote their questions like this)

I used CBT Nuggets, Mastering VMware and Exam Cram (borrowed from Bertieb - Cheers Mate icon_cheers.gif ) and played with dev platform at work. I was lucky enough to have work pay for the course about 2 months ago and been studying on and off since then.

The Exam cram is a real easy read I was getting through 3-4 chapters a day quite easily - highly recommend.

Time for a short break and some beer drunken_smilie.gif before cracking on with 647 to finalise my MCITP:EA. Then on to something interesting SSCP :D
This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
Learning Python and OSCP

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif

The exam cram is well worth the read icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats mate icon_thumright.gif
    dave0212 wrote: »
    Exam Cram (borrowed from Bertieb - Cheers Mate icon_cheers.gif )

No worries, I need it back as I have to get this done and dusted in the next month, seeing as I bowled my notice in today and start the new job in September icon_cheers.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The exam cram was indeed awesome. Congratulations on the pass! Too bad your cert is already out of date icon_lol.gif

No interest in knocking out the VCP4 next?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Too bad your cert is already out of date icon_lol.gif

No interest in knocking out the VCP4 next?

Works fault. They could have waited a couple weeks and used the 60-odd days total of training they bought to send engineers on the VCP4 courses instead. This is made worse by the fact the prod environment will be using vsphere icon_rolleyes.gif

I think Dave stands a good chance of getting the 2 day 'whats new' course in the future though, if he stays in the same job that is :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You don't need another course if you pass the exam by December (I believe).
  • Options
    True, but there is no way the 10-15 people in our current organisation who did the VCP3 course will pass the exam and upgrade to VCP4 before the end of the year, so IMO their money would have been better spent on the new courses from the offset.

I think dave0212 wants to concentrate on security certs going forward, plus he's more likely than other engineers to get one of the few limited places on the Whats New course over the next few months.
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    dynamik wrote: »
    You don't need another course if you pass the exam by December (I believe).

Yes thats right, you can just take the new exam as long as you do it before end of year.

Might do it, if we ever get the finalised product at work and I'm actually using in a live production environment icon_scratch.gif
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Congratulations, nice work
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4